~Twenty-Six~ *

***Edited in October 2022***

A/N: I've been writing a lot of long chapters lately!!

After Ashley came home from work that early Friday evening, I asked her to look after Piper while I quickly drove over to Warnes to tell Harry that I wanted to go to the Dunkirk premiere with him. Although, I had to admit - as I drove over there, I was really nervous - and my mind was swimming with questions.

What if Harry changed his mind?

What if he decided that he actually wasn't ready to go public after all, and he didn't want me to go with him anymore? That would make all of this mega awkward.

I tried not to overthink. But by the time I was let into Warnes, and had emerged from the elevator onto the fifth floor where the door to Harry's apartment stood directly in front of me - my hands were already starting to tremble from the nerves.

I bit my lip and anxiously made my way to his door - where I pressed the button on his entry phone receiver and waited for him to pick up.

"Hello?" Harry's voice came through the speaker within moments.

"Hi, Harry," I replied quietly, "it's me."

"Oh, Leah!" Harry's voice instantly sounded happier as soon as he heard my voice - and that couldn't help but make me smile, "Just give me a minute - I'll let you in right now."

"Okay," I said with a soft chuckle before disconnecting from the speaker.

A couple minutes later, Harry had unlocked the door and opened it all the way - greeting me with a warm smile as soon as he saw my face.

"Hi, Leah," he took me by the waist and kissed me sweetly, "I wasn't expecting you to come over."

"I know. Sorry for coming without warning," I replied with a light blush after we pulled away.

"It's fine. I'd never complain about a surprise visit from you," he smiled at me again, "come in. Do you want anything? I was just about to make a cup of tea - so I can make you one too, if you'd like."

"No, it's okay. I won't stay long," I told him as he shut the door behind us, "I just wanted to...talk to you really quickly."

"What about?" He asked me as we walked into the living room together.

"The Dunkirk premiere. What else?" I asked him with an amused smile.

"Oh, of course," Harry rolled his eyes at himself and chuckled quietly, "so...you've made a decision, then?"

"Mhmm," I nodded before taking his hands and leading him to the nearest sofa, "I...I want to go. I want to go with you."

"What?" His eyes widened, and he immediately began to smile once more, "You do? Really?"

"Yeah," I smiled back at him shyly, "I think it'll be fun. And it's a great opportunity to see what Alex is like before anyone else," I giggled.

His smile broadened into a bright grin, and he immediately took me in his arms and hugged me tight - and I couldn't help giggling again. He then pressed his lips to mine and kissed me passionately; making me smile and moan softly into his mouth - closing my eyes and sliding my arms around his neck.

"Oh, Leah..." he murmured to me once we pulled away, "you have no idea how happy you've just made me..."

I laughed. "But you'd better help me decide what to wear to this thing. I don't know the first thing about dressing up all fancy for a movie premiere."

"Oh, I'm going to do better than that," he chuckled, "I'm going to take you shopping."

"Wait what?" My eyes widened, "Shopping? For what?"