~Twelve~ *

***Edited in October 2022***

A/N: Slightly long chapter. Whoops ;)

"So, this wedding's tomorrow?" Aidan asked me before taking another sip of his coffee.

"Yeah," I replied with a nod, "I have to leave for Brighton at around 9 or 10, so I have the morning and the early afternoon to do all the flowers."

"And is Harry gonna take you there?"

"Well...yes," I nodded, "last week, after Ashley's car finally got its oil change, I did text him and offer to drive up there myself so that he didn't have to pick me up, but he said he'd already be coming to Brighton early, so he may as well anyway."

"Oh. I see," he began to smirk, "so, Harry Styles likes spending time with my baby sister, does he?" he asked with a chuckle.

"Oh, shut up," I rolled my eyes, "one: he is only doing this because he has a heart of gold, and two: for the last time, I am not your baby sister."

"Or, one: he's doing this because he's into you, and two: I am always going to see you as my baby sister, no matter how many times you protest."

"He is not 'into me'!" I argued.

"Someone's in denial," he said to me in a sing-song voice, "and I literally have no idea why. You're crazy about him, Lee. If I were you, and I was spending this much time with the guy, I'd like to think that he likes me, too. Honestly, Leah, is it really that impossible for him to like you back? Just because he's him and you're you? Does any of that really matter?" He cocked an eyebrow at me.

"It's not just that," I lowered my eyes, "you know what my history with guys was like."

"Leah, from what I've seen and heard about Harry Styles from you, during all these years you've been in love with him, I'm pretty sure that he would treat you heaps better than all the other guys you've been with. He wouldn't want you just for sex. And he wouldn't treat you like Heath or Curtis did."

"Can we just change the subject?" I asked him softly, "Please?"

I always turned quiet whenever I heard Curtis' name. I can't stand hearing his stupid name.

Even when I talk about him, I never, ever, mention his name. Not unless I have to.

"Oh...sorry, Lee," Aidan had realized what he just said and bit his lip, "I didn't mean to mention-"

"It's okay," I interrupted him quickly, "just...please don't say it again," I sighed.

"What I was trying to say, sis, is that it's about time you had another man in your life. Not just for you, but for Piper as well," he said.

"I can raise Piper without a man," I said stubbornly.

"Yeah, but is that what Piper wants?" He raised his eyebrows at me questioningly.

I opened my mouth to retort, but it quickly closed shut again as I realized that he was right.

Piper really did want a father. But the father she already has doesn't even have the slightest idea on how to look after her. I mean, for fuck's sake, he literally poisoned her when he fed her that stupid fucking brownie. Right now, it seems that the only way I could grant Piper's wish was if I found another guy who was more than willing to give her the father's love she's always wanted.

But could that guy really be Harry?

Even if I'm thinking like, 5 years into the future...could it really?