Imagine #10: He is Your Childhood Friend (Part 2)

Imagine #10: He Is Your Childhood Friend (Part 2)

It has been three days since you saw the band's concert and you still can't get Patrick's shocked faced out of your head. You've been thinking about him these past few days, wondering if he really did recognize you and did try to catch you. But you guess, you'll never know now.

You are an amateur director and your first big job will be here in Chicago. Your boss haven't filled you in with details about the job yet, but he just keep on saying that it is something quite big and you're just excited about it. Since it's been fifteen years that you have gone in the country, you decided to go back to where you started as a kid. You drove back to your hometown, wanting to see what stayed the same and what has changed. The way back is giving you nostalgia, but you didn't mind, you love feeling this kind of moments and you're enjoying your ride.

Remembering your childhood comes with remembering him. You really hope that both of you will have the chance to be that close again. You just smiled to yourself, saying that the next time you see him; you're gonna hug the hell out of him.

After a quite long drive, you finally arrived at your old house and you are amazed that it's now an empty land. Now you are having your thoughts to buy the lot for yourself, you honestly want to live here again for good. You got off your car and started to walk around the area. You can't hide your smile, you really missed this place. You circled the empty lot, remembering all the happy moments that happened there, you even looked at the Stumph's house just a few meters away wondering if it's still their property.

"The nostalgia is real." You whispered to yourself and you started to walk back to your car.

"{Your most embarrassing nickname}?" you suddenly heard someone said and you stopped walking. You know that nickname, he gave that to you. And the voice of the person who talked, you know that by heart.

You turned around and there he is. Just wearing a simple shirt under a leather jacket, tight black pants, black sneaker-like shoes and his signature - a fedora hat.

"It's you. It's really you! Holy smokes, it's been years...many years. I saw you at the concert and I was shocked, I thought my eyes are just playing with me, but you finally came back." He was stuttering. You can see the excitement in his eyes and you are feeling the same too.

"Lunchbox!!" you bellowed. That's the nickname you gave him since he loves to eat back then. You just didn't care anymore and you hugged him tight and he immediately hugged you back. Happy tears start forming in your eyes, but you hold them back. "I'm sorry I haven't called you for years! I didn't know how to. Gosh, I missed you!" you both pulled back, having the same smiles on your faces.

"B-but you could have at least saw me when our band started to be popular."

"I did and I was happy for you. The moment I found out I want to reach you, but I stopped myself. I-I don't want to be like other people, who just come back to you when they learn that you're popular now. That's why I didn't call or anything." You explained. You thought that he'll get angry, but he didn't. Instead, he smiled at you and put his arm over your shoulder.

"You're still the same old {Y/N} that I know. Come on! I have to introduce you to the band. They've been telling me that you don't exist and that I'm just making up stories about me having a beautiful childhood friend!" he said excitedly and you just laughed.

Both of you drove off of the place. While driving towards Pete's house, you're just catching up with each other, exchanging stories. You were both proud of each other because the both of you are reaching your dreams. Finally, you arrived at Pete's house and Patrick's face is like he has never been this excited his whole life.

"Dude!! Dude!! I told you guys, she's real! She came back!" he's been screaming inside his house. You are feeling embarrassed, but you find him so cute. Three boys suddenly came downstairs - it's your idols, Pete, Andy and Joe.

"Whoa. You're right." Joe said in shocked.

"So she's really not just an imaginary friend." Andy joked.

"So all this time you're telling the truth?" Pete teased him and he just pouted.

"H-hi guys. I'm {Y/N} and yes I'm Patrick's childhood friend and also I'm a big fan." You are trying so hard not to scream, you're currently having fangirl feels.

All of them started to talk to you, getting to know you. You feel so lucky and they kept on admiring you for your attitude, they also hate people who just go back to them when they became famous. You spent the whole day with them, catching up with Patrick and getting to know the three. Many things have changed, but your relationship with Patrick stayed the same. He told you that he never did forget about you which made you blush. You are just happy that you met him again.

You suddenly heard Pete's phone rang and he answered it. He was just talking to the phone then suddenly his eyes widens.

"Hey {Y/N}, what's your full name?" he asked you and you just answered him with curiosity. He hung up the phone and a wide smile.

"Looks like fate is bringing you both together." He said then winked.

"What do you mean?" you asked.

"Looks like you're our new director." He said and your jaw dropped. You quickly called your boss to confirm this and Pete is right. You are the new director of music videos for band named Fall Out Boy and currently they are working on something big called "The Young Blood Chronicles". You just went back to them and confirmed the news.

The guys cheered but Patrick's face was different, it was in the new level of happiness. He upped from his seat and hugged you tight.

"I'm just glad you finally came back to me." He whispered so sweetly and gently to your ears and right on that moment, you just want to melt in his arms.