Imagine #52: Yule Shoot Your Eye Out

It's Christmas season again, and as far as you know happiness is overloading within you when this time of the year comes, but not, all you are feeling is hatred and sadness. Last week, you just found out that your boyfriend in two years – Patrick – have cheated on you for the second while they were on tour, and the worse thing is, he doesn't even feel sorry about it.

You hated it, you hated his lies. He always told you that he'll never cheat on you again and that he'll never ever fall in love with another girl on tour again then this happened. You badly want to forgive him, but since he already did this, you know he can do it again and you can't let that happen. He already did it twice, it'll be not hard for him to do it thrice.

Today will be their arrival back in your country and you just don't know what to do. You know Patrick, he'll come looking for you and then you'll forgive him and you know what's going happen next.

"I love you, but you're a fucking jerk." You murmured sadly. Today is also your anniversary and it just break you that you have found out about this now.

*************

{Listen to Yule Shoot Your Eyes Out!}

"These are your good years 

Don't take my advice 

You never wanted the nice boys anyway 

And I'm of good cheer 

'Cause I've been checking my list 

The gifts you're receiving from me 

Will be" you are singing inside the restaurant that you are working in. You are a part-time live performer there and this song perfectly suits your mood right now, but when you started singing you saw him entered the room; looking like a lost puppy. Your heart skipped a beat for a second, you want to jump off the stage to run to him and kiss him, but maybe enough is enough.

"One awkward silence 

And two hopes you cry yourself to sleep 

Staying up, waiting by the phone 

And all I want this year is for you to dedicate your last breath to me 

Before you bury yourself alive" you continued to sing and he is watching you. You've put all your hatred, sadness and bitterness to the song and you know he's feeling it. Tears began to form in your eyes, but you prevented yourself to break down. You are not crying for him again, not anymore.

"Don't come home for Christmas 

You're the last thing I wanna see 

Underneath the tree 

Merry Christmas, I COULD CARE LESS" you sang and even you can feel the coldness that you've put in the song. Patrick looks like he wants to pull you out of the stage and just hug you, but he knows he can't, he knows you're going to push him away.