Imagine #194: What's This?! (A sequel to SHOW THE WORLD THE THUNDER)

{You want to be happy and sad at the same time? You came to the right place. 

I recommend you to read Imagine #98: Show The World the Thunder again before this to refresh some details, but it's really not required...I think the feel will just be a lot stronger if you do read that again before this. Anyways, enjoy! (This might have some supernatural aspect in this, but I still hope you enjoy!)}

It's been six years since Patrick passed away and your son is now five years old. You're happy, of course, and you've raised your son well so far. You're still single too and you don't have any plans to marry someone again, you're contented to have Patrick's last name till the end.

The holidays are here again, but you've never thought of yourself to be like this. Maybe because this is the first time you'll be alone this holiday. Your son will be spending this holiday with Patrick's parents and this was the first time you will spend Christmas without him and you never imagined it to be this lonely. You realized that your son has helped you a lot, you put all of your attention and love to him always and now that he's temporarily not with you...everything is focused on him again...to Patrick.

You missed the guy to the bones, you can still feel the trace of his face in your hands, you can't forget that even you can see right now. You're forever thankful to him for giving you the eyes you're using right now. He really did keep his promise, he showed you everything and he's telling the truth, this place is beautiful...but deep inside, you know it will be a lot better when he's with you.

It was already Christmas eve and you're walking alone in the streets, you're about to go to one of your friend's house for a Christmas Party, but you're already feeling not like yourself. Your eyes wander around, questioning everything in sight...what's with all the colors, what's with all the singing, what's this and what's that. You're feeling lonely and it's not doing you any good, it looks like you're the grumpiest person in town tonight, but you didn't care. Tonight you're miserable, lonely and all you want is a night with him again...maybe just this Christmas night is enough.

You reached you friend's house and acted normal, but you know you can't keep up. Everyone is happy and with their significant other, and you're just in there, alone. You couldn't take it anymore and you hurried towards the bathroom and there you broke down.

"It's been six years...I've fully accepted it, but damn! I miss you so much, Patrick." You whimpered in there while you lean on the sink. "Why do I have to feel all this in the holiday season?" you asked feeling defeated by your unstable feels. You just stayed there for a while and after several minutes, you decided to go out and thankfully, no one noticed that you were gone.

The moment you walked out the bathroom, you saw someone just outside your friend's front door. You just saw his back, but you know he was wearing a black jeans and shirt...with a fedora hat. Your heart skipped a beat and out of nowhere, you mindlessly walked out of the house to follow that someone.

Your friend's house was an apartment and just above it was the rooftop. You saw the guy going up and you continued to follow him.

"H-hey." You pushed yourself to call him, but he didn't look back. Instead, you noticed a piece of paper on the stair.

I wish I could spend just this night with her again.

The note on the paper read and you swear to God, all your hair raised. No, not because you were scared...but because you know that this is him. You looked up and he wasn't there anymore, but you heard the door upstairs opening and you just lost it...you ran up.