Imagine #54: Yule Shoot Your Eye Out (Part 2)

One year has passed since the day you broke up with Patrick and starting that day, you and him never talked with each other again.

You went on with your life without him and you have to admit that you're having difficulties, you missed the guy so much, but you can't do anything now. You're just happy that his band is going to the top of the charts again.

"He misses you more than you ever know." Pete sends text messages like this to you once in a while, but you've never replied to them. These are the moments you regret your decision, but then again you want proof to see if Patrick really did change his ways before you can give him another chance.

"Now for our next guest! Mr. Patrick Stump!" The emcee said. You are in a small gig that Patrick is holding while he is in the country. You were there because your work requires you to.

You're at the back of the place, hoping that he won't notice you. You have your hopes ups because you've changed some features about yourself like your hair color.

"Thank you, everyone, for coming here tonight. Uhm...I really love and hate this first song of mine. I can somehow relate to it and for all I know I badly want a special someone to hear this." He said while chuckling then he began to play his guitar.

"It was electric from the moment they crossed path

Actively attracted but attempting to walk past

Temptation makes impatient impulses pump through married man

So just stop, breathe, count to three

Is she wort it?" He began to sing and you're mesmerized again. You caught yourself remembering every happy moments you have, you badly want him back.

"Whatever it is, it doesn't feel right

Better think about your kids

You're not putting up a fight

Cause we can make love tonight

But you're gonna hate yourself in the morning light

So just stop, breathe, count to three

Get your head right, right" he continued to sing and he suddenly stuttered. He clearly saw you. You tried to regain your composure and just watch him blankly.

"I PUT THE I-I-I-I-I IN LIE

CAUSE IM A CHEAT, CHEAT, CHEAT

I'M A CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT

AND BABY BANG BANG KISS KISS

YOU AND I GONNA PUT AN END TO THIS

SO WE CHEAT CHEAT

OH I'M A CHEAT CHEAT CHEAT" he sang passionately while looking at you. You can see him wanting to run to you, but you remained there looking at him with no emotion but deep inside you want to run back to him too.

The mini concert went on and he keeps glancing at you but you remained emotionless. The moment the event was done you immediately walked out.

"Wait! {Y/N}! Please, wait!" He ran down from the stage to get you, the security closed into the both of you and guide you to the backstage. "{Y/N}, your back... y-you came back." He said and you're panicking, you don't want this again, not yet.

"W-who are you?" That's the only thing you murmured. You have no clue where you got the insane idea, but you kept on going. "I-I'm sorry but do I know you? I can't remember you. I had an accident a year ago and that caused me to have an amnesia. I can't really remember you." You lied and you're thankful that you're a great liar.

Patrick was lost for words but after a while he finally spoke.

"That's why Pete said you didn't reply to any of his texts. That's why when I'm looking at you, you have no expression." He murmured and kept on acting.

'WHAT AM I DOING?!' You shouted to yourself, you can't believe you are lying to him.

"I-I'm Patrick. And yeah, I was your...your friend. I want to catch up with you, please call me." Patrick said and handed you a piece of paper with his number on it. "I'm really sorry." He said silently. You took the paper and slip it into your pocket.

"Sorry, if I can't remember you Patrick and sure, I want to remember my past too." You said and he just smiled sadly at you.

You proceed to go outside and you're walking faster than you should. You immediately picked up your phone and called Pete.

"{Y/N}, it's been a while! God, we miss you. We're here in Chicago now, can you meet us?" He said.

"Pete, I already saw Patrick and I lied to him. I said I have an amnesia and I don't even know why I did that. Please don't tell him about this." You told everything to Pete and fortunately he understands you and agreed to play with you.

"Maybe it's just your instincts telling you that you should give him another chance. Keep on pretending, and you'll see for yourself how much Patrick has changed." Pete said.

Maybe he is right, maybe this is the way to see if he really did change. Now, only one thing to do; call Patrick and 'make friends with him again', and hope that he makes use of this last chance you are giving him.

{Eeep, this suddenly became exciting! Thank you for reading:*}