Imagine #105: Switched

"Patrick Martin Stumph." You read the name on the luggage.

You've been reading it over and over again, you've got the wrong luggage and you think you've gotten your ultimate celebrity crush's luggage.

You just arrived in Chicago and you're really tired but you know that you have to bring back this bag and also, Patrick may also have your luggage that contains most of your life...and by that you mean your own records.

You went back to the airport and reported what have happened.

"Thank you for you honesty, Ms.{your last name} and we're sorry for the disturbance. We're trying to reach Mr. Stumph now." One of the staff said politely to you.

"No, it's okay. I'll wait for his answer. I kind of need my luggage too." You said and just waited at the coffee shop inside the airport.

You can't believe that, of all people, you've switched your luggage with someone like him. Your heart is pounding, you want to meet him, but you're thinking that maybe he will not be the one to bring back the luggage here since he's really a busy guy. One hour has passed and you're already getting bored, you upped your seat and went back to the staff again and that action almost made your heart to malfunction.

A short guy wearing tight black pants, black shirt under a leather jacket and a fedora hat is talking to the staff. He's holding the same luggage and he's politely talking to the staff. You forced yourself to walk near them.

"Oh, here she is. Ms. {your last name}, this is Mr. Stumph. We are really sorry for the inconvenience." The staff said but you're only looking at Patrick.

"Y-yeah. I know him. I'm a big fan." You said and you both shared a hand shake. Patrick looked at you and there's something in his eyes, like he's interested to know you more.

"Wow, thank you. And I'm really sorry, I may have gotten your luggage first, I wasn't really paying attention. I'm so sorry." He said politely and you smiled at him.

You exchanged your luggage and thanked the staff.

"Thanks for giving it back immediately, Patrick. The content of this bag is really my life." You said to him as you both walk out of the airport. You saw him adjusting his fedora and he's looking a bit guilty. "How did you opened it?" you asked, knowing that he did have a peek inside your luggage.

"I'm really sorry for being nosy. I'm really not like this...I mean my curiosity got into me and I tried to put on numbers on the lock and then I just opened. Like I'm about to give up that time, but then it opened the last time I tried a code on it." He explained while stuttering cutely. "I'm really sorry." He added while looking at you.

"No, it's okay. No worries, Patrick. But you can be sure that I didn't take a peek inside your bag. Promise." You said cutely while holding your right hand high like making a pledge.

"But I now understand why my curiosity pushed me to do it." Patrick said and he's serious, you looked at him puzzled. "Can we have lunch together and talk about something? Please."

"O-oh. I...I'm overwhelmed, Patrick, but sure!" you said still feeling curious.

Patrick let you in his car since you didn't bring yours. The both of you just introduced yourself to each other, but most likely you did the talking, saying how long you've been a fan and things like that. Patrick brought you to his favourite pizza place and you had your lunch there.

'Someone pinch me! I'm eating pizza with Patrick freaking Stump!' your mind said.

"So, what do you want to talk about Patrick?" you asked him.

"Do you want me as your producer?" he said on the spot and you almost choked. "I'm really sorry for going over your own records I found in your bag but maybe that's really the reason. I played it all and listened to it and I fell in love everything about it! I'm serious {Y/N}, think about it. Fall Out Boy is on hiatus right now and I'm free to do other stuff." He said and he's really pleading.

You're staring at him in disbelief. You've also pinched yourself already, but you're not waking up; meaning this is all really true.

"Are you really...?

"Yes, I am. We can work together! I promise I'll help you, your music and voice have so many potentials!" he said excitedly. You smiled widely at him.

"Patrick! This is all I ever wanted and yes! I want to work with you. Thank you very much!" you said and he pretended to be formal and you giggled.

"It's settled then Ms. {your full name}. Now let's close this deal with a pizza toast!" he said and you both laughed.

You toast your pizza together and you laughed there. You began to talk more about yourselves, trying to know each other more. Patrick's a nice guy and you know that both of you will have a great team! For all you know, you really look forward for the future now

*****************************

Your album hit number one on the billboards, on Itunes and almost in everything. Alternative Press made you their cover and you've been overwhelmed with all this. The name of your album is "Switched" and the cover are some artistic graphics and yours and Patrick's luggage can be seen there.

You've worked with Patrick for over a year for this thing and it's now paying off. Your popularity is blooming but you remained at your old self, and Patrick loved that about you.

"This is happening because of you, Patrick. Thank you!" you said and you hugged him. You're both at the backstage and tonight will be your first big concert.

"I just helped you, you yourself is already talented enough!" he said. "Go own this night, phoenix girl!" he said. That is the nickname he has given you and you loved it. You kissed his cheek which made him blush.

You got out of the backstage and did your best to own this night. Everything went better to best and everyone is loving you.

"Now, for my last song. Let me call on Mr. Patrick Stump to join me in singing on this stage!" you said and the crowd cheered. Patrick went up and tip his hat to the audience.

You both started to sing and you're on fire on stage. You felt natural while playing with Patrick on stage and you two are the perfect partners. You ended the song with a bang and the crowd goes wild.

"Thank you everyone for this wonderful night! You don't know how much I love you all! And to Patrick, like I owe you everything bruh!" you joked there and they all laughed.

"I don't regret anything! In fact I'm thankful for that fact too." Patrick said and he let his guitar down. "But before we end this night, can I just say something more to what we have rehearsed?" Patrick stuttered as he walk close to you. "The moment I heard your voice on that records back then, I already felt that there's something especial about you! And the moment I saw you, that already proved that I'm right! Since the beginning I've always liked you, {Y/N} and in every day that we spent for the past year just made me more to like you...or I can even say...to fall for you." Patrick said while stuttering. You felt that his every word is honest and you're smiling widely at him. The crowd had been chanting your ship-name and they are going wild. "So, phoenix girl! Can you be my girlfriend?" he asked while chuckling cutely.

You gave Patrick a huge and tight hug as you scream "YES!!!!"

The crowd cheered. You love the guy so much so this is really not a forced decision. You're happy that finally your relationship has levelled up. You didn't expect that this all happened just because your luggage has been switched.

{Thanks for reading!:)}