Imagine #147: We Are Wild (Part 3)

"That's good news, Pete! Hey, I want you to meet a girl I just met a month ago. She's cool!" Patrick said over the phone while talking to his best friend.

"Whoa, we just got into a hiatus and you're already over some girl. You're fast, Trick." Pete teased him.

"Shut up, but what's cool is that she doesn't know me...or us...or anything about the band." Patrick excitedly said.

"What? Is she an alien?"

"That's rude, Pete. She's a doctor is rural areas and she really don't have the time to stalk celebrities."

"That sounds cool, looking forward to meet her. But, how did you two met? Did you have consultation with her yet? Eh? Eh?" Pete asked then laughed out loud.

"You're insane! I just helped her one time when her car broke down. She's searching for someone around the town and I decided to help her, we've been seeing each other almost every day."

"Smooth move, dude. I should go for now, Patrick. See you tomorrow, I'll be arriving at Chicago next month. I'll meet you then. Calm down with the moves, Trick." Pete said then hung up the phone.

Patrick left his house to go to your apartment. You and he agreed that you both are going full out detectives today to search for that person even you really don't have any clue where to search.

Patrick really wants to believe that he is the one you are searching for and he even searched for his nursery class picture, but it was so tampered and he can't even see the faces of the children there anymore. His mom can't remember the name of the girl she was talking about, so he really had no way of telling if you're that girl.

Patrick rang the doorbell and you immediately let him inside.

"Hey, computer and wifi is already set And still I have no clue what to type." You said. Patrick sat in front of the computer and you sat beside him.

"Okay, let's do this." He said then laughed. He was about to type something, but he stopped midway. "What am I going to type?" he suddenly asked and the both of you burst into laughter.

"Exactly! I have no freaking idea where to start." You said while trying to catch your breath.

"Well, let's see here. Can't you remember the name of your school back then?" he asked. Patrick became a little bit nervous, he was really hoping you and he go to the same nursery school.

"I really don't remember," your tone suddenly became sad and serious. "The only thing I remember here is where we lived and that guy...there's nothing more than that. I'm really sorry, Patrick, you're probably thinking that I'm doing this just to get close to you.." You added.

Patrick saw your expression and he held your chin, leading you to look at him.

"I believe you, {Y/N}. I know you're really looking for someone and I understand if you don't remember, that was like almost 20 years ago. And I can see the determination in your eyes, if that's really the case. That guy is really important for you and I'm willing to help you find him, okay?" Patrick said sincerely. You smiled at him and gave him a hug. "Um...let's see, how about a class picture?" he added and you shook your head sadly.

"I lost everything from here because of a fire. I lost my parents and every single thing to that house fire. Maybe that's the reason my mind blurred out the memories from this town." You said and Patrick looked at you in disbelief.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't know that, {Y/N}." he said sincerely. You looked at him and summoned your courage and smiled at him, but it was a sad smile.

"Everything vanished. Everything I loved was burned and the fire even burned their ashes. After that, some social worker got hold of me and they brought me to different place till I got adopted. I was lucky that the people who adopted me are so kind, they helped me all throughout and now I'm back here." You explained while smiling. "Well, that got too emotional. Back to work!"

"You really amaze me, you know how to balance your emotions. You don't let those things eat you out. I really adore you for that." He suddenly blurt out and you felt that your face blushed.

The both of your faces are near each other and you stayed like that longer than you should. Suddenly, you realized that the two of you are having a 'locked-eyes' moment so you both pulled away. You both laughed lowly and cleared your throat.

"Back to work." Patrick said and you two began your research.

The day really didn't turn up well, you and he really got nothing out of your research and you still can't remember the guy. You just sighed while looking at Patrick, you don't want him to think that you are taking advantage of his kindness and you don't want to bother him anymore.

"Patrick, this is really going nowhere. I think I should just stop, or you should stop helping me. I'm taking a lot of your time."

"No, you're not. And you didn't really push me into this, I was the one who volunteered –

"But, it has been a month already and still nothing. I don't want you to think that...

"I'm not thinking about that, {Y/N}. And besides, think of this as our bonding time. We've been seeing each other for a month now and this is like a favour between a friend to a friend. And I also want to spend time with you." he said shyly. "And also, you shouldn't give up on that guy. Maybe he wants to see you too, don't worry. I'll help you all the way till you meet him again." Patrick added. "Just be sure he's not your childhood love." He whispered.

"What?" you asked because you didn't catch his last phrase.

"Nothing." He smiled innocently.

"Thank you, Patrick. Fine, I'll keep on searching for him, but I think I need to focus on some other things too." You said and you smirked at him. You blushed in front of him. "Because I think I found someone that could be a part of my life while searching for someone that had been a part of it." You added.

"I wish that person you found is me." Patrick said proudly. You took his fedora and placed it over your head.

"Maybe, maybe you're really that person, Mr. Benzedrine." You told him sweetly and lean to his cheeks and kissed it.

Patrick was stunned there and his face became so red. You giggled in front of him blushing too. He suddenly grabbed you and he hugged you there.

"I really like you, {Y/N}." he said.

"Same here, Patrick." You said.

Now, you have two priorities at the moment.

{Thanks for reading! :* GiF not mine, credits to owner}