Chapter 3

The day I've been dreading is finally here. I honestly do not know how this is going to go. At least I don't have to do it alone and have Aonung and Tsireya with me. 

I sit in the family hut waiting for breakfast and think to myself about today before I get interrupted by an excited Tsireya skipping round the hut singing and giggling to herself. I wish I could be as optimistic as her, she's always so happy and approachable. Maybe that's why she's the favourite...

 I let out a huge sigh as I leave the hut and head to the beach to wait for the Sully children, i'm surprised to find them all already on the beach waiting. Well I guess this is a good start I think to myself. Aonung and Tsireya follow shortly behind me and we all get to the group, they seem very nervous yet keen. Maybe this wont be as bad as I thought it would be I think to myself. 

Tsireya starts the conversation with "So first I think we should start with basics which is swimming what do you guys think?" she looks at me and Aonung as we both shrug. She rolls her eyes and tells everyone to follow her into the water. Me and Aonung are the first to jump in after her, we glide through the water and turn round to wait for the Sully's. Tuk and Kiri jump in and then are shortly followed by Lo'ak and Neteyam, once they're all in we start to swim further down to the reef occasionally looking back to check on the Sully's.

At this point we have only swam a short length due to the Sully's being slow. We continued to swim and as we all turn round we notice Tuk, Lo'ak and Neteyam all swimming up. We looked at eachother confused and Aonung rolls his eyes, we start to make our way up. On the way up Neteyam and Lo'ak dip their heads into the water causing us to pause, Tsireya signs to them to swim with us. They both shrug with a confused look.

We get to the surface and Tuk cries "You're going to fast!" and then Neteyam adds "We do not understand what you are saying with all that finger talk." This makes me giggle and Aonung says "See I told you they cannot swim." Tsireya replied "We will teach you how to communicate under the water, for now try and follow and keep up with us." I follow Tsireya back into the water and everyone else follows. 

We finally get to the reefs below and the Sully faces were amazed as they checked out the magical sea life and luminous colours radiating through the water. They look at me and Tsireya and point back to the surface before swimming up, we swam up following them to the top. "You're doing great guys! I think that's enough for today. Let's head back to the clan." We all follow and head back to the beach.

The group thank us for today and start to head back to their hut. Tsireya looks at me and smirks and I meet her gaze with a confused look. She says " See it wasnt that bad was it?" me and Aonung look at each other and just walk away causing Tsireya to fall into fits of laughs. 

At dinner father asks us how training went. Tsireya explained to him how well it went and they swam all the way to the reef but couldn't do it for long as they struggle to breathe under water. 

"Why don't you start with basics then and teach them how to breathe under the water before taking them into the water?" /he replied

"Thats a great idea father!" Tsireya exclaimed. 

'Great more work' I thought to myself. I look at Aonung and he is clearly thinking the same as me by the look on his face. I excuse myself from the hut and make my way to the beach, my comfort place. There is a hidden cave I love to go when I want to be alone so I make my way over to it to take in all this new change. 

"Y/n!" I hear from behind me. I stop in my tracks and turn to be met by Aunong. "Where are you going?" he asks me.

"Just going to have some alone time." I reply. 

"Oh okay well be safe please and don't be late" he says to me.

"No problem sir" I say in a fit of laughter which causes him to also laugh. 

He heads back to the hut and I continue to the cave. Once there I lay on my set up I created which consists of handmade leaf pillows. I look up to the sky and reflect on the day I have had and sigh. I whisper to myself "Eywa if you are listening, what is my purpose? Why am I the way I am? Who are my parents?" I stay there for a while before making my way back before it gets too dark. While passing the beach I notice Neteyam and L'oak in the water practising their swimming. They both notice me and smile and wave. I continue to my hut. 

I cuddle up to Tsireya who is already laid down ready to sleep. She whispers to me "I think this is all going to work out Y/n just you wait and see" I groan and roll over and fall to sleep. I wonder how tomorrow will go?