Chapter 64

I start to stir this morning and feel someone move against me. I open my eyes and see Neteyam sleeping and i'm cuddles up next to him. I look at his perfectly parted lips as he sleeps and his braids bunched up on the floor. He starts to move and wakes up too. He opens his eyes and smiles at me when he notices me.

"Morning beautiful" he says and kisses my head.

"Morning" I say back snuggling in closer.

"What shall we do today?" I ask him.

"I don't know, you got any ideas?" he says.

"I was thinking id maybe go and train with my mother bow this morning" I say.

"Cool, mind if I join?" he says.

"Not at all" I smile and place a kiss to his lips.

We get up and I go to the corner of the hut with all my getting ready for the day stuff. I lather curl cream into my hair then use my brush to slick my hair back and tie it with a pearl band. I haven't wore my hair up for years.

Neteyam walks over and gasps "Wow, you look.... unreal" he says looking at me.

I giggle and blush "I don't really like it, that's why I never do it like this, but it gets in the way when i'm training"

"Well I love it" he says and stands behind me snaking his arms round my waist and places a kiss on my neck.

I smile and get an idea "Can I do yours?"

"My what?" he asks.

I turn to face him and say "Your hair"

"Erm... sure I guess" he says a bit hesitantly.

I pull him down onto the floor and sit on his lap to do his hair from the front. I gather all the braids and tie them back with one of my favourite seaweed bands intwined with small pearls. I leave a few braids out at the front and i'm finished. He looks hot. I didn't think he could look any better.

I give him a kiss when i'm done and we grab our bows to go to the training ground. We walk along the beach hand in hand towards the training ground and I see Tsireya along the way.

"Wow y/n! I haven't seen you with your hair up for years, I love it!" she gasps.

"Thanks Tsireya" I laugh.

"Where you guys going?" she asks looking at the bows.

"Just going to train for a while, I was thinking shall we have a bonfire later? The whole group?" I suggest.

"Yes, love the idea, I will tell everyone" she says and walks away excitedly.

We continue to walk and get to the training ground but when we get there as I get closer I notice Jake, father, Aonung, Lo'ak and.... Spider.

"We can go if you want" Neteyam says stopping us in our tracks.

"No, I will not let him influence where I go in my own village" I say and walk over to the ground with my head held high.

"Hey bro! You look sick" Lo'ak says to me when he notices my hair.

"Thanks Lo'ak" I smile.

"What are you doing?" I ask.

"Battle training" Lo'ak replies.

"You should join us..." Aonung suggests smirking.

He is too funny, I know what he's doing, this is why we would get in trouble when we were younger!

Neteyam grabs my arm to pull me away thinking i'd say no.

"Sure, why not" I say with the fakest smile on my face making Aonung laugh.

"We're doing bow shooting first so it's pretty perfect actually" Jake says.

We all line up opposite a dummy and Neteyam catches my eye and mouths 'what are you doing' I simply smile and shrug before aiming my bow.

We all shoot and we all hit the target. Spider gathers all the arrows since he cant fight being a sky person and then we all aim again. We all shoot again and I hit it perfectly, everyone else a little off but not far. We do a few more rounds then while spider gathers the arrows I 'accidentally' shoot an arrow just above his head. Oops.

Everyone looks at me "What? it slipped" I say shrugging and Aonung snickers to himself.

"Let's move on" father suggests.

"You will run out of arrows or ammo at some point so you will need to know basic combat too" Jake says.

We all pair up and I pair up with Lo'ak because we are doing it based off size. Neteyam and Aonung pair up and Jake and father pair up. Spider shouts fo runs to go and we all start to fight. I look at Lo'ak and smile and he looks nervous.

"Whats up?" I ask him.

"I don't wanna hurt you" Lo'ak says.

Neteyam and Aonung hear him and laugh.

"Good luck bro" Neteyam jokes and smiles at me.

Me and Lo'ak look at each other and I kick his side sending him to the floor.

"Seriously? Come on bro" I say pulling him back up.

"I'm just warming up" he says.

I laugh and then he stands up straight.

He lunges forward to punch me and I dodge it and jump onto his back. I pull his tail and he turns in circles trying to get me off. He grabs hold of me and pulls me over his head dropping me on the sand.

"Oh my eywa i'm so sorry y/n I didn't mean to hurt you" he worries.

I kick his feet from beneath him and send him to the floor with me. We look at each other and laugh. Neteyam rushes to help me up and I say "I'm fine relax."

"Okay now we will learn to use these" Jake says and pulls guns from a bag he has.

I look at Spider and he is already looking at me then looks down.

Jake hands out the guns to each of us and shows us the basic concept on how to use it, we use the dummies to shoot at and I pick it up pretty quick. Lo'ak shoots and we all hide as he can't control the gun fire.

Neteyam shoots his dummy and he looks fineeeee.

We finish after a while and pack everything away.

Me, Lo'ak, Aonung and Neteyam begin to walk away to meet the others as it's getting dark and will be time for the bonfire soon.

"Y/n can we speak a second please?" we hear behind us.