Chapter 20

I wake up and roll over to a mischievous looking Tsireya. 

"So what's it like to kiss Toruk Makto's son" she says. I groan and nudge her. 

"Too early Tsireya."

She laughs and stands up and then helps me up. 

"What shall we do today?" she asks me. 

"I'm not sure, shall we go for a swim?" I suggest. She nods and smiles and we walk to the beach. 

We dive into the water and explore the reef for a while and then we see something in the distance. I gasp as it gets closer.

"Tsireya! Our spirit brothers and sisters are back!"

She gasps too and we both call out ilu's. We head to the village and shout for everyone to hear.

"Guys our brothers and sisters have returned!"

"The tulkun are back!"

Everyone starts to dive into the water to make their way to the tulkun. I see the Sully's on the shore looking confused. 

"The tulkun have returned home, our spirit sisters and brothers, come!" I shout to them. They all ride over following me.

I dodge between tulkun until I see her. My spirit sister! I speed to her and hop off my ilu when I reach her. 

"Hello sister, i've missed you!" I sign.

'I've missed you too sister, how are you?' she replies.

'I'm good, I met a boy!' I sign excitedly and do an underwater flip. 

'I'm happy for you sister' she communicates.

I look round to see Neteyam looking around in amazement. I've never seen him smile like this. He looks good. I climb onto my spirit sisters fin and we swim and talk for a while. The tulkun need to find a place to rest now so they say bye for now. 

I swim to Neteyam who is already waiting for me. He wraps his hand round my waist and hoists me up to wrap round him. 

"What did you think?" I ask him laughing.

"Beautiful" he says looking into my eyes. I don't think he is talking about the tulkuns....

I slide off him and start swimming towards the shore and he follows. I see Lo'ak sitting on the edge of the bridge all on his own. I say to Neteyam "I'll see you later?" he smiles and nods.

I swim towards Lo'ak and go deeper into the water, i'm right under him and I swim up to the surface and jump out the water scaring him. 

"Ahhh!" "Bro you scared me!" he says then falls into fits of laughter. I climb up onto the bridge and sit next to him and put my head on his shoulder. 

"Thats what I like to hear. Whats wrong lo'ak?"I say.

He sighs "I can't help but feel for Payakan. He is outcast and has no one. Today made me really want to go see him."

"That's not true Lo'ak, he has you..." I say and he looks at me deeply.

He pulls me in closer and says "What would I do without you."

I smile. "Lets go see him"

"Who?" he asks.

"Payakan" I reply jumping into the water. He follows and says "Really? you sure?"

"Of course i'm sure. Let's go" I smile. 

We head out to the deep reef so no one sees us. 

*Neteyam POV*

I'm watching y/n from the hut and can't help but feel jealous of her bond with my brother. They are hugging on the bridge and then jump into the water. "Where are they going?" I whisper to myself. 

I start to walk towards the water and am met with Tsireya and Aonung. "Hey Neteyam where are you going?" they ask.

"Y/n and Lo'ak have just gone into the water, I was going to see what they were up to, care to join?" I ask.

They say sure and we all head into the water to find them.

We are swimming and then Tsireya stops me and points to our right. Y/n and Lo'ak are swimming with a tulkun. A lone tulkun. 

Y/n and my brother are swimming in front of the tulkun and then hold hands... WTF.... then they swim into the creatures mouth and it shuts. I jolt to swim and save them but Tsireya stops me. She signs for me to wait. What?.....

*Y/n POV*

"Why are you outcast brother?" Lo'ak asks Payakan. Payakan lets out a loud moan and opens his mouth.

We look to each other, 'I don't know if we should do this' I think to myself. lo'ak grabs my hand and gives me a reassuring smile before we swim into the tulkuns mouth. Payakan closes his mouth and me and Lo'ak look to each other, I get scared and hug into Lo'ak. Payakan's mouth lights up in fluorescent spots and then a Tsaheylu comes from the roof of his mouth. 

I let Lo'ak go and he connects to Payakan. I wait patiently for him to see what Payakan wants to show him. After a few minutes Lo'ak comes back, disconnects and turns to me. Payakan's mouth opens and we swim out and swim to his good find and sit on it. Lo'ak explains to me everything he sees and how sky people attacked him and his pod as well as the na'vi people. I look into Payakan's eye and tell him I see him. 

We say goodbye to Payakan after a while of hanging and start to swim back to the village. But we are met with the rest of the group before we get very far. 

"What do you think you are doing Lo'ak?" Neteyam starts. "You took y/n out to meet Payakan! Everyone has told me how dangerous he is, you must know this."

"He's not dangerous, he didn't kill all those tulkuns, he showed me!" Lo'ak defends back.

"You did what?!" we hear from behind a rock nearby. 

Father....