Chapter 38

I wake up with the worst headache ever. I think Tsireya is in the same boat, I hear her groan as she sits up.

"Last night was fun but this isn't worth it" she moans.

I laugh and reply "Last night got a bit tense"

"Oh my eywa, yeah I remember! Kiri and Rotxo and Aonung" she laughs.

We both get up and head out the hut and I make sure I wear my necklace. Yep. Its still there.

We walk along the beach to get some fresh air and relax to help with the banging headaches we have.

As we walk we notice everyone else sat on the beach looking tired and with their heads in their hands. Me and Tsireya look to each other and fall into fits of giggles. We walk over and join the group.

"Hows everyone feeling today" I laugh.

They all groan and hiss at me making me laugh.

Neteyam grabs my arm and pulls me down onto his lap making me laugh and he puts his face into the crook of my neck.

"We don't need a live performance of how you got that mark" Aonung says eyebrows raised looking at my now exposed neck.

Me and Neteyam look at eachother wide eyed than laugh. I sit up and lean my head on his shoulder and Tsireya sits the other side of me.

"I think a swim will make us all feel better" Lo'ak says positively.

Three an array of moans and shrugs then I jump in.

"I agree with you Lo'ak , lets go" I say as I run to the water.

Lo'ak runs after me and the other slowly follow.

We swim round for a while and we all seem to perk up by the afternoon. Then I get an idea to break the tension between certain na'vi in the group. I sign language to them all underwater to follow me. I call my ilu and start to ride and they all follow one by one.

I get to the cave first and emerge from the water, I start walking towards the cave and the others come form the water but are taken back by toruk laying next to the cave. I walk up to him and stroke his snout making him smile and nuzzle into me. Rotxo walks forward and toruk hisses at him.

"Shhh its okay they're my friends" I say to him.

"Do you want to go for a fly today boy?" I say to him.

He starts to stand up and the other back up hesitantly in fear. I connect my tsaheylu and jump up onto him.

"Come on then guys, climb on" I say.

They all look at each other and no one moves. Then Neteyam steps forward and walks towards us with his arms out. He strokes toruk then climbs up. I smirk at him and he does back to me. Then Lo'ak comes forward and does the same and climbs up.

"I cant believe I am on toruk right now" he says.

They other climb up one by one and when were all on I tell toruk to fly. He starst to flap his wings and we lift into the sky we all hang on as we fly through the sky. The wind blows through our hair and everyone is laughing and gasping at the sights we can see. My plan worked. They're all chilled out now and getting along. We continue to fly round for a while before it starts to get dark so I tell toruk to head back. We get bak to the cave and everyone tells toruk thank you and I see you before diving back into the water.

"Goodbye friend" I say to him and hug him "See you soon" and I dive in too.

"That was awesome y/n!" Lo'ak and Rotxo say at the same time and makes them laugh.

I laugh and we all call our ilus to ride back the village. We get back and chill on the beach and for a while. One by one over an hour everyone starts heading back to their huts.

"Neteyam, I need to speak to you son" Jake shouts from the bridge and Neteyam heads off too leaving me and Lo'ak.

I look a him and smirk "Ive got an idea"

He smirks back "When do you not"

"Lets go see Payakan while everyone is gone" I suggest.

"Yes, this is why you're my best friend! Great ideas to get us in trouble" he says in a serious but jokey tone.

I laugh and we both dive into the water and swim far out to find Payakan. We get into the open water and Lo'ak calls to Payakan and he appears almost straight away.

"Hello friend" I say and hug Payakans fin.

Me and Lo'ak spend about an hour talking to Payakan about things that's happened and I explain to him about me becoming Toruk Makto.

Payakan explains to us he has been looking for a new pod to join but noone will accept him. They have all heard the stories of the outcast Payakan that killed his whole pod and na'vi village.

"Oh Payakan! We can be your pod" I say.

"Yeah, we are your friends, your pod, your family" Lo'ak adds.

He thanks us but says it is not the same.

Its getting pretty late so me and Lo'ak decide to head back. We say bye to Payakan and swim back towards the village.

We get to the shore and hug and say bye before we walk back to our huts. I lay next to Tsireya who is already sleeping and go to sleep myself.