Chapter 66

*Week later*

I wake up and immediately fill up with happiness at the realisation where I am. This feeling will never get old. He shuffles beneath me and wakes up with a smile.

"Morning beautiful" he says kissing my head.

"Morning" I say and peck his lips.

"How are you feeling today?" he asks me.

"Good" I smile.

"What shall we do today?" I say.

"Its up to you, wherever you go, I go" Neteyam says.

"Sop" I say and nudge him laughing.

We get up and get ready before heading out the hut together. We have a morning walk along the beach and see Tsireya and Kiri sitting on the sand ahead. They spot us and call us over.

"Hey, y/n mom and dad are looking for you" Tsireya says.

"Oh okay i'll go find them" I say and walk towards the family hut to see if they're there. I get there and I see no one then as I leave I bump into mother.

"Oh y/n i've been looking for you" she says.

"I'm here" I smile.

"Me and your father are going to visit some of the other villages today, can you look after Nuwani for us please?" she asks.

"Sure, i'd love to" I say smiling.

"I knew I could rely on you my girl" she says and hugs me.

"i'll be on the beach so whenever you go just let me know" I say and walk out the hut.

I walk back to the sandy beach and everyone is here now. I sit down next to Lo'ak and they're all chatting and laughing about different things.

"Wanna do something today?" Lo'ak asks me.

"i'd love to but i'm looking after Nuwani while my mom and dad are away for the day" I say.

"I could help?" he says.

"Sure, sounds fun" I smile.

We continue to sit and chat for a while then mother and father approach us with Nuwani.

"Thank you for this my daughter" father says.

I smile and nod and take Nuwani. We all say bye and they leave for the day. I look down at Nuwani and he smiles at me and giggles. I smile back and swipe my finger along his soft cheek. I grab his stuff and start walking from the others and say bye. Lo'ak follows me and grabs the stuff from my arms helping me. We get to my hut and I place Nuwani on the floor while I sort out his stuff and Lo'ak watches him for a second.

I turn after a few minutes and see Lo'ak messing with my stuff.

"Bro what you doing?" I say.

"Its interesting" he says laughing.

"Where's Nuwani?" I ask.

"He's over.... there" he says and trails off while pointing to the empty rug.

We look round the hut and can't find him then I see him crawling outside the hut out the corner of my eye and on the walkways between the huts.

"There!" I shout and run to him.

I pick him up and he laughs at me. Lo'ak runs shortly after and exhales when he sees us safe. I walk back into the hut and place Nuwani back down. I sit next to him and Lo'ak sits the other side. We play with him in the hut for a while then he gets bored so we try to think what we can do.