Chapter 21

We all followed father into our hut and he paces back and forwards.

"How could you let this happen y/n! You let him bond with the outcast!" mother hisses.

"I..i.. im sorry I didn't..."

"Sit.." father says quietly.

"SIT!" we all sit down immediately, me, Lo'ak, Tsireya, Neteyam, Aonung.

"Listen to me, Payakan is very dangerous, you should have heard by now that he killed his whole pod and a group of na'vi" my father says.

"Father please listen.." I start but my father interrupts.

"No, you have disappointed me daughter"

I gasp and my eyes begin to fill.

"Im sorry sir but you are wrong, he didn't do it" Lo'ak replies.

"Lo'ak!" Neytiri hisses.

"I'm sorry Tonowari, I will deal with this one" Jake says as he drags Lo'ak away. Neteyam follows leaving me and my siblings with mother and father.

"How exactly are you two involved?" my father starts to ask Tsireya and Aonung.

"May I be excused" I say cutting him off and walking out the hut without waiting for a reply.

I walk along the beach to cool down after the whole situation.

"You disappoint me daughter" just keeps running through my mind.

"Y/n!" I hear behind me. I turn to see Neteyam running to me.

I carry on walking and he catches us "Are you okay y/n?"

I just look at him.

"What were you doing in the water when you found me and Lo'ak?" I asked moments later.

"I came to check on you" he replied.

"How did you know where we were?" I question.

"Ermmm.." he starts, rubbing his neck he says "I followed you"

"What?! Why?" I say confused and angry.

"I saw you and Lo'ak hugging on the bride then you left in the water and I was wondering where you was going. I saw Tsireya and Aonung and they tagged along. Then we saw you and Lo'ak with Payakan and holding hands...." he trails off.

"You have got to be kidding me Neteyam! This jealousy has to stop. I told you he is like a brother to me and you still act like this, do you think i'm a liar? That I would lie to you?" I rant.

"No y/n of course not!" he replies.

"Well that's what it sounds like..." I say and walk off. He calls my name but I continue walking.

I chill on the beach for a bit and then hear "So how bad was it for you?" as someone sits next to me. Lo'ak smiles at me sympathetically.

"I walked out the hut, after he called me a disappointment I couldn't listen to anymore" I whisper and I burst into tears.

"Y/n you are anything but a disappointment. Don't listen to him he is just mad" Lo'ak says while pulling me in for a hug, I sniffle.

"Well I had to listen to a big rant about how I should start acting my age and be more like Neteyam. Im fed up of being the problem child y/n" he says.

"Same here bro, same here" I say in a jokey way and hold my hand up for a high five while wiping my tears with the other.

He laughs and high fives me back. We sit and enjoy each others company for a while.

*Neteyams POV*

I scan the beach from the hut and see two figures sitting on the beach. It's y/n and Lo'ak. I sigh to myself. Will our bond ever be as good as hers and my brothers? I slowly move closer hiding behind a nearby tree. I can hear her crying about what her father said. I should be comforting her right now ,not my brother.

I will find a way to make it up to her somehow.

The next day

*Y/N POV*

I snuck back into the hut late last night while everyone was sleeping. I didn't want to speak to anyone. I woke up this morning and turn to see everyone still asleep so I slowly lift myself up and walk out the hut. 'How can I avoid my parents today' I thought to myself. It's beach party night tonight. I'll distract myself with the party. I go and sit on the bridge to watch the morning sunrise.

Tsireya shortly joins and sits next to me. "I'm sorry about yesterday y/n, I didn't know father would be so hard on you" I just sigh and reply "It's not your fault, I was the one that went with Lo'ak."

She leans into me and puts her head next to mine.

After a while we get up and go about our day. I walk along the beach to keep myself busy and avoid my parents. But as I'm walking, I see in the palm trees to my left Neteyam sitting with... another girl?

I can not believe him! I run in the opposite direction and bump into Aonung. I'm crying at this point and he immediately hugs me and leads me to a nearby rock to sit down. "What happened y/n?" he asks.

"I'm just fed up Aonung, I have father calling me a disappointment so i'm avoiding him and a boy i'm interested in is showing interest in another girl!" I sniffle.

He stiffens up, he's annoyed. "Well father will come round, he was just angry, i'm sure he didn't mean it and as for the boy. Play him at his own game."

"What do you mean?" I reply confused.

Suddenly the announcement horn goes off and me and Aonung look at each other confused. We head to the bridge where the sound is coming from and see a crowd of the tribe. We push our way to the front of the group where father already is to be met with some fellow Metkayina. No way...

"Rowari?" I say in shock.

My childhood best friend flashes a smile and replies "Y/n?"

I run up to him and jump into his arms, he spins me round and sets me down.

"What are you doing here?!" I ask cheerfully.

"We're back now, our trip ended" he replied.

Back in our early teens his parents took him away to his mothers clan for a while and he never came back.

I turn round to see a furious Neteyam staring at me and Rowari. I continue to turn to see Aonung smirking at me. Ohhhh... play him at his own game.