Chapter 12

I wake up feeling refreshed. I get up and leave the hut. I make my way to the water to go for a morning swim. 

I enter the refreshing water and call my ilu. She takes me deep into the reef. I spend my morning exploring the reef for the millionth time, it never gets old, it always amazes me still after all these years. I love the colours of the coral, the life that surrounds it, and the stillness of the water. After a few hours I head to the shore to chill. 

I get to the shore and sit down in mine and Neteyams spot. 'I'm going to have to speak to them at some point' I think to myself. As I think this who turns up on the beach...

"Hey mighty warrior, chilling? Mind if I join you?"he said. I shake my head as he sits down next to me.

"I feel like i've barely seen you y/n, are you okay?" he asks me.

"Im okay, just a lot on my mind." I reply. 

"I can imagine with everything that happened." he says.

We sat in a comfortable silence for a while and then he says "I really missed you y/n while you were gone you know." 

I tense up and look at him, he's staring down at me. 

"I remember Neteyam"

He freezes. "You remember?..." he asked.

"Yes, everything" I reply. 

"Well I guess we should talk then?" he says.

I nod. "Lets go somewhere more private though, I don't want us to be interrupted" I suggest. He nods.

We get on our ilus and I take him to the only private place I know of. The cave.

We get to the cave and he looks at the set up in front of him. "Y/n? Since you remember now, where did you go after what happened with me and Lo'ak?" 

"Here" I reply slowly.

We sit down opposite each other legs crossed. 

"So I guess I should start?" he suggests. I nod.

"Well that day when I saw.... Lo'ak kissing you, I felt something I have never felt in my life. I felt jealous. I know we haven't knows each other long, just a few months but I feel an attraction towards you that I can't shake" he says. 

I don't know how to respond. "Neteyam I can't sit here and say that I will be yours because if i'm honest I don't know what I want. Ive just come back from being kidnapped and had no time to process everything. Im happy to still be friends for now but i'm not forcing anything. It must come naturally for me as it has for you." He seems sad by nods anyway in agreement. We hug and spend time looking at the sky thinking and chilling.

We head back after a while as its started to get late. When we get back we part ways and I wonder the beach processing the day. I hear my name. "Y/N" 

Lo'ak comes running up to me and walks alongside me. "Look y/n i've been meaning to catch you to talk." 

"I remember now Lo'ak" I say cutting him off.

He stops in his tracks. "You know?" I nod.

"Wanna talk about it?" he asks.

"Better now that never" I reply.

"Honestly y/n I don't know why I did what I did, I was emotional and you were there for me like always and yeah i'm just so sorry, it just happened" he says.

I look at him. 

"Lo'ak i'll always be there for you just like that day and when I told you I see you. I do, I wasn't lying but you're like another brother to me." 

He starts to laugh.

I look at his puzzled and he says "Im so glad you said that y/n because before the kiss I had mixed feelings about you not going to lie. I couldn't decide whether it was a friend love or a love love I was feeling. After the kiss I realised what I had done and was more worried about losing my friend than a love interest."

"I'm glad we've spoke finally" he adds.

I agree and we hug. As we pull away I say "Don't think about it forest boy" and we both fall into fits of laughter.

"Well i'm going to head back Lo'ak because lessons start back up tomorrow, I hope you're ready!" I say.

He nods " I am" and leaves too.

What a day i've had but i'm so glad i've spoken to both boys. I drift off into a peaceful sleep.