Chapter 96

I feel shuffling beside me that wakes me up. I roll over and see Neteyam sitting up in the hammock staring out in front of him. I sit up with him and look at his face.

"Are you okay ma Neteyam?" I ask placing a hand on his chest.

"Yeah, sorry, im fine" he smiles but its not convincing.

"Lets go" he says and leads me down the centre of the tree to the bottom. We get to the bottom and he leads me out the base quickly but I pull back when I notice a crowd of na'vi gathering at the spirit tree. I walk over and Neteyam shouts my name but I carry on.

"Y/n come on" he says trying to grab my hand but I dodge it.

"I just want to see what's going on" I say and get closer.

"Are you sure?" he asks me.

"Yeah" I say so he grabs my hand and we intwine our fingers and walk towards the crowd. I see Jake and Neytiri at the front and they are waiting for a spirit flower thing to fly to them. Neytiri grabs one and kneels down to play it somewhere. I look between na'vi and see a tied up na'vi in a hole.

"What is going on?" I ask Neteyam.

"They passed away in the night, this is our way of sending them off, they are buried before eywa to become part of her" he explains.

I look back at them all and everyone starts chanting.

Neteyam starts pulling me away and I follow out the tree.

"Sorry ma Y/n, I didn't want you to see that and spoil our break" he says disappointed.

"Neteyam, this is the way you lived and grew up, its interesting" I say and give him a reassuring smile before we walk into the main forest.

I look round in awe as Neteyam leads me through the left forest and am still as amazed as I was the first time I came. He leads me to a big patch of grass and on there is a her of animals. Neteyam walks over and connects to one of the animals and hops on.

"These are Direhorse, these and ikran are our way of travelling" he explains.

"Cool" I smile and watch them race each other in the grass.

One of them get closer and sniff me before bowing. I smile and grab my tsaheylu and connect it to the direhorse. I climb up and steady myself as I sit down.

"I'll never get used to the fact you connect to everything with ease" Neteyam smiles.

"Perks of being Toruk Makto" I wink making him chuckle.

He pats his direhorse and it starts walking through the grass so I do the same. We ride for a while then I smirk and make mine go faster so im in front of Neteyam. He does the same then we end up in a full race. We look at each other smiling as we continue to pass each other. Then a weird dark purple, almost black animal jumps out the trees and screw my direhorse making it lift up its front legs and I go flying off the back.

I rub my head as I lift up form the floor and Neteyam jumps off and comes to me.

"Are you okay?" he worries.

"Never been better" I say sarcastically making him chuckle.

"Here" he says and pulls me up to a standing.

I dust myself off and pat the direhorse.

"We will be heading home after lunch my love" Neteyam says to me.

"Okay, ive loved our break, but I have missed Jeteyam so much!" I respond.

"Me too" he smiles and we hold hands as we head back to the tree.

We get back and sit down with Jake and Neytiri for food before we head off. We discuss both clans and how things are going and our families. We tell Jake and Neytiri all about Jeteyam and how fats he is growing up and they say how much they miss his little face.

After we eat me and Neteyam gather our things and get the ikran ready for the flight home. We thank Jake and Neytiri for having us and say our goodbyes.

"See you in 2 months" we shout as we rise up on the ikran and start flying away.

We chat throughout the long journey home and discuss our favourite parts of the trip and what we cant wait to do when we get back home which is of course seeing Jeteyam. A storm comes and passes as we ride and it was rough but we get through it. I cant help but smile when I see the beautiful village getting closer and closer and the thought of seeing my son sooner.

We ride round the island and cautiously land at the training ground. Neteyam grabs the stuff from the ikran and we make the way to the hut to drop off the stuff from the trip. We get to the hut and Neteyam places the bags down for now and we head straight for Lo'ak's hut as its still daytime so Jeteyam should be with him.

We get there and no one is here.

"He must have taken him somewhere" Neteyam says so we head to the beach to look for them. We search for about 10 minutes then we head giggling coming from the direction of the palm trees. We head through them and cant help but smile as we watch Jeteyam splashing Lo'ak in the mini waterfall and laughing his head off. I hold my hand to my mouth and wrap my other arm round Neteyam's waist and he squeezes me back.

We walk closer and Jeteyam stops and says "Mama! Dada!"

He crawls out the waterfall pond and races to us on his hands and knees and I run forward and meet him half way and pick him up happily.

"My boy! I have missed you!" I say planting millions of kisses all over his tiny face making him belly laugh.

He grabs my face and plants a kiss on my nose making me giggle and then he reaches for Neteyam and cuddles him.

"How has he been?" I ask Lo'ak.

"He has been awesome, i've loved it" Lo'ak exclaims and I smile and hug him too.

"Thanks little bro" Neteyam says and places a hand to Lo'aks head.

"Anytime" he smiles and then we all head back to the huts for the night. We make a stop at my parents and thank them for looking after Jeteyam through the nights and then go back to the hut. We lay down on our rug and let Jeteyam sleep with us for the night because we missed him so much.

We all go to sleep peacefully together.