Chapter 5

I wake up and think about todays lesson, it causes a weird feeling in my stomach. 'What is wrong with me' I thought? Tsireya wakes up and sees the expression on my face and asks me what's wrong. "I don't know my belly feels funny every time I think about todays lesson" she does that annoying smirk again and laughs. "It's called excitement sister." I scoff at her and make my way out of the hut towards the beach. 'Excitement for what? I mean I do love Ilu training but this much?' I thought to myself. My thoughts are interrupted as someone shouts my name. It's Lo'ak. 

"Fancy a walk before todays lesson y/n?" he asked. 

"Erm sure" I replied as we started to walk along the beach. 

"Your clan is so cool y/n i've loved every part of learning your ways so far, not so much the stares though" he says with a disappearing smile. 

"You will get used to it believe me, it will take time but you will" I say.

He looks shocked "How do you know that?" he asks.

"Because I was you at one point" I say, he looks more confused now.

"I'm not originally from this clan, i'm adopted and my mother and father found me on the beach when I was young. I know how it feels to be the outcast of the clan Lo'ak, the stares will stop, mostly." I explained to him. He smiles again.

"I'm sorry that happened to you Y/n but i'm glad you told me, its nice to have someone who knows what you're going through." he says.

"What about your siblings? They are in a similar situation" I replied back to him.

"Yes but no, they all find it so much easier to settle in than I do, i've always been the outcast of the family, even before all this." He says quietly.

"Welcome to my life" I laugh to try and bring the mood up. 

He gives an appreciative smile. 

We get to the bridge where we are meeting the others and Neteyam and Aonung do not look pleased. I avoid their gaze and go to Tsireya's side. Aonung clears his throat and starts by saying "Today you will learnt to ride" he summoned a Ilu and dives into the water. He explains the process of bonding and riding the Ilu and in a mocking way tells Lo'ak to go first. He has done this on purpose. 'Well I will not let Lo'ak feel more like an outcast' I said to myself before jumping in the water after Lo'ak. The others look confused. 

I swim next to Lo'ak and explain to him again how to do it. He makes the bond and the ilu jolts forward. Lo'ak sees worried so i hold his arm to comfort him, he smiles and then I tell him to hold onto the ilu which he does and I tell him to think about riding and she will go. He takes a deep breathe and the the ilu shoots into the water with Lo'ak. He falls off after a few seconds which is good for his first time. Everyone else starts to laugh, even Tsireya. Lo'ak storms out the water and heads back to the huts. 'I'll leave him to clam down' I thought to myself.

Next up was Neteyam, he jumps into the water and swims towards me. He makes the bond with his Ilu and sits on it. I tell him the same as Lo'ak to think about riding and the Ilu will go. He shoots into the water and lasts much longer than Lo'ak. 'He looks good riding' I thought to myself. "Y/n what are you doing!" I say to myself quietly. He eventually falls off and swims back to me. "Well done!" I smile as he approaches me. "Thank you" he says with a cheeky smirk. 

All the others had their turn and did well, Kiri was like a natural, like she had done it many times before and it is much easier to teach Ilu riding young so Tuk did very well also. Today was an exhausting lesson so we cut it short and said our goodbyes. I make my way to the Sully hut to check on Lo'ak and instead I see him walking along the beach as you were doing this morning. I catch up to him and he smiles at me. 

"Thanks for your help today Y/n I really appreciate it" he says.

I smile and say to him "It's okay you will learn it in no time."

"I hope sooner than later!" he jokes and I laugh. 

"I don't think i've ever heard you laugh Y/n, I like it" he says with a cheeky smile.

"Well don't get used to it, it doesn't happen often." I said to him seriously. 

He smirks and pauses. Oh no. He runs at me and grabs my legs tossing me over his shoulders. I laugh loudly as he spins me and I shout at him to let me down but he doesn't. Still laughing, he loses his balance and we both fall, he turns mid fall to make sure I didn't land on the ground. Still laughing.I think to myself 'I'm on top of him. Omg I'm on top of him!' I stop laughing and quickly shuffle off him and stand up. 

"You're so easy to get on with Y/n" he says as he stands up too. 

"You should feel lucky, not many people get to see this side of me" I reply.

You both feel a pair of eyes watching you and turn towards the bridge. Neteyam is watching and looks furious. "Lo'ak you're late get here now dad said!" Neteyam shouts. Lo'ak looks at me then slowly starts walking towards his brother. I turn in the direction of my hut to be met with more eyes. Aonung. 'Great' I thought to myself as I walked the opposite direction. 

"What do you think you are doing y/n?!" Aonung asks furiously. Why does he get like this when I am round others. "We were just having fun Aonung, what's the big deal?" I ask. He huffs and walks towards the hut. 

Once there I head straight to Tsireya and fill her in on everything. She tells me "Don't worry about Aonung, he will get over it."

We fall into a sleep, cuddled up together.