Chapter 6

* a few days later* 

The sun shines its way into the hut and slowly wakes me up. Me and Tsireya have planned to have a girls day today and block out all the negativity going on at the minute, we invited Kiri too. She starts to stir so I walk out the hut to have an early morning stroll. I walk along the beach taking in the beautiful things round me, the way the wind blows, the way the water smells and sounds, the sand between my toes. So relaxing. I hear footsteps behind me so I turn to see Neteyam walking towards me 'He looks good when he walks, look at his hair swinging' I think to myself. I shake my head at myself for thinking this and ignore what I just said. 

He catches up with me and walks next to me, so much for a girls day.

"How are you today Y/n?" he asks me.

"I'm actually feeling pretty good today and you?" I say.

"Better now" he says with a smile. I blush.

"Any plans today?" he asks.

"Yes, me and Tsireya are actually going to have a girls day, Kiri too, we are just going to chill on the beach by the water" I replied.

"Oh okay, you girls enjoy yourself" he says before going off in another direction.

I head back to the hut to see if Tsireya had woken up yet and walk in to an empty hut. 'Strange' I thought. 'I'm sure she will find me soon' I continued. I made my way to the area we were meant to be meeting and see Kiri lying in the water face down. Kiri believes she is connected to eywa in some way and I believe her, the way she talks about eywa and can control things we cannot explain is not normal to the rest of us. I stop in my steps as I see Aonung and all his friends approach Kiri. He is laughing about something, I get closer and hear him "Are you some sort of freak?.." 

Kiri replies "No i'm not" and tries to walk away from them. Rotxo grabs her tails and she swishes it away from him. "Leave me alone" she says. I start to walk over but someone else beats me to it... Lo'ak oh no. 

"Leave her alone fish lips" he says causing me to let out a small gasp then giggle. 

"Oh yeah what are you going to do forest boy?" Aonung replies laughing. 

They all move onto Lo'ak and start to touch his tail and his hands, he pushes them away but there's too many of them. I begin to walk over more to put a stop to it and then another person appears into my view. Neteyam.

He storms over his hair swinging as he walked. He pushes Aonung away from Lo'ak and pokes a finger into Aonungs chest "Leave them alone" he says firmly. He pokes him again and says "Back off." 

"Is that a threat?" Rotxo jumps in. Aonung holds him back and then holds his hands up.

Neteyam says "From now on I need you to respect my sister" and they all start to walk away. 

"What a group of freaks" Aonung laughs to his friends.

Lo'ak turns round and walks back to my brother and his friends. Neteyam calls him but Lo'ak continues. 

"I know, look at my hands, ha i'm a freak, but I can do something cool with it" he starts, Aonung seems amused by him and smirks. 

"You ball it up real tight like this, you see? and then..." Lo'ak punches my brother square in the face. I jump in shock. He shouts "It's called a punch bitch!". Aonung and his friends starts to gang up on Lo'ak, one has his tail, the other has his arms, one has his ears. Neteyam looks conflicted but shortly jumps in, punching Rotxo . I run over and stand next to Kiri. The boys continue to fight until they're black and blue all the shouting me and Kiri are doing is not helping. I step forward to try and break them up and Rotxo punches me instead of Neteyam. I fall back onto the sand in shock. 

They all stop.

"I am so sorry Y/n" Rotxo explains.

Aonung, Lo'ak and Neteyam all start to shout at Rotxo. 

Neteyam comes to me and helps me up. "Are you okay Y/n?" he asks worried.

"I've been better Neteyam." I said in a short tone. 

I walk away with Kiri and leave them all on the beach. Tsireya appears from nowhere on the way back to the hut and gasps "What happened to you!" and runs to me, she checks out my cut lip and joins us on our walk to our hut. Kiri asks how she can help but there's nothing we can do except good old sea water to clean my lip. We spend the rest of the day sitting in our hut with Kiri explaining what happened to Tsireya and doing each others hair etc. 

I tell the girls i'm going to go for a quiet walk and they nod. I walk along the beach staring at the sand beneath me. I walk straight into something in front of me. It was Neteyam. In our spot. He looks sad. I sat next to him and he looks angry when he sees my lip. "I'm so sorry Y/n, Rotxo was aiming for me and got you instead." 

"It's fine Neteyam honestly, it's not that bad now" I smile to make him feel better.

"Let me check it out" he says as he turns and reaches for my lip. I lean back at first but then relax and move so he can check out my lip. He gets up and cups some water in his hands, he sits back down then dabs the water onto my lip. Our faces are so close. 'His eyes are so beautiful' I thought to myself. He looks from my lips to my eyes and back to my lips. He leans in slowly and then...

"Y/N!" 

"Y/n it's getting late come back now!" Says my adopted brother. I look at Neteyam realising what was just about to happen, what I was just about to do and without saying anything I ran over to Aonung. 'What is wrong with me?' this is not like me at all. Aonung just looks at me, he doesn't even need to say anything, I know he's angry.

I get into the hut and go straight to Tsireya, I love that I have got her to talk to. I tell her everything and she listens. Thats all I need. Someone to listen to me. She knows I feel better when I get things off my chest so I vent to her and then we both go to sleep.