Chapter 33

This morning I wake up feeling really happy, everything is going well and everyone is getting along. Today I decide to go have a morning relax at the cave, I didn't realise until now how long its been since I've been there. I obviously didn't feel the need to go anymore as I always went when I wanted to be alone. Maybe things are changing.

I call my ilu and make my way to the cave drifting in and out of the water. I get to the cave and walk in to see my usual set up still there. I sit down and watch the waves glisten in the sunlight. How lucky am I to live somewhere so beautiful? I spend some time drawing in the sand round me and collecting loads of pretty shells that have recently washed up since i've been gone.

After a while I hear a noise coming from outside the cave and Neteyam appears round the corner of the entrance.

"Morning beautiful" he says in his stupidly attractive accent.

"Morning" I reply bashfully.

We sit and watch the waves together for a while then Neteyam speaks up.

"Y/n I was thinking about the other week when you and Lo'ak and the others went to that island" he starts.

"Oh... right" I say slowly.

"Why did you end up there?" he asks me.

"We were just riding and me and Lo'ak saw an empty island and thought it would be fun, it wasn't until we reached the island that I realised I remembered it from somewhere" I reply.

"You two are trouble together!" he laughs.

I nudge him and laugh too.

"How do you feel about going for a fly today?" he asks.

"What do you mean?" I respond.

"I'm doing the perimeter check today and want to see if you'd join me" he says.

"Erm okay, I guess so" I say hesitantly.

"You'll be fine, i've got you" he says and places a hand on my thigh.

I smile and look up at him, he leans in and we have a quick kiss before we leave the cave to go to his Ikran.

The Ikran is actually lying on the floor near the training ground his mother took me to practise with my mothers bow the other day.

He calls his Ikran and he walks over to it, he connects to it then jumps on him.

"Come on y/n, he doesn't bite" he laughs.

I hesitantly giggle and slowly walk towards it. It looks at me and bows its head to me.

"That's really weird, i've never seen one do that before" he says puzzled.

I hold my hand out to stroke it and it lets me straight away, it licks me and snuggles into me. Neteyam holds his hand out for me to grab and he lifts me up in front of him. I adjust myself on the Ikran in front of Neteyam and feel him hold his breath. He holds onto the Ikran with both arms either side of me and the Iran starts to lift.

The Ikran flies up and starts drifting through the wind, I gasp at the wind blowing in my face and the height we get to.

"We're so high!" I gasp.

Neteyam laughs and says "What do you think?"

"It's even more beautiful from up here!" I exclaim.

He puts his chin to my shoulder and then kisses my shoulder before leaning back again. We drift round the perimeter of the island looking out for anything unusual which Neteyam tells me it all looks fine to him, he starts lowering but we're going the wrong way.