Chapter 4

I wake up earlier than usual again. 'Ughhh what is wrong with me' I wonder to myself. I get up slowly trying not to wake Tsireya and make my way out the family hut. I head to the beach for a morning swim. The water is so refreshing and really calms my mind. I could live in the water if I had a choice. Living care free like the creatures below, not a care or worry in the world. 

I head to the shore as its almost time for the Sully's lesson for the day. As I walk to the beach I notice the Sully's waiting already. 'Fair play Sully's' I think to myself. I approach them and give them all a slight nod. Tsireya and Aonung shortly after appear from the hut and make their way over. Tsireya says "Y/n you are the best at breathing training so I think you should lead today." I shoot her a daggering look before clearing my throat. Everyone moves into a circle.

"Okay I guess we will start now then. Breathe in deeply, smell the water, feel the water. Let the water become you. Water has no beginning or end." Everyone follows my lead and closes their eyes and begins to breathe deeply. Lo'ak is breathing from his chest rather than his core so I place my hand on his stomach and tell him "No you need to breathe from here, slow your heart down and relax" he still hasn't calmed down so I say to him "Lo'ak you're not calming" he replies with a "Sorry" and looks straight ahead before closing his eyes again. You look to see Neteyam and Aonung with annoyed expressions on their faces. 'Weirdos. This is meant to be a relaxing breathing session not an annoyed breathing session. Whats got them in a huff' I thought to myself.

I continue with the session and notice Neteyam is struggling with his breathing also. I shuffle next to him and place my hand on his stomach and do the same with Neteyam as I did with Lo'ak. He could not slow his breathing or heart either. I told him to relax because his heart is beating fast and he turns a light shade of pink and replies "Sorry." Rotxo joined us today with Aonung and as I look at him he is smiling to himself. I pull a confused look and move back to my original spot in the small circle. Once they seemed to get their breathing understood I told them all to follow me to the water. They all follow me one by one into the crystal clear sea. Once they are all in I lead them down to the reefs again. 'Today is so much better' I thought to myself, now they can breathe for longer we can explore more. I separate myself from the group for a while and explore deeper and further watching the little colonies of fish drift through the water. 

'How lucky am I to live in such a beautiful part of pandora' I thought to myself. I continued exploring and then finally made my way back to the group. They were all having fun in their own little groups. Rotxo with Aonung. Tsireya and Tuk. Neteyam with Lo'ak. 'Where has Kiri gone?' I thought. It was getting pretty late so I decided to head back, I signed to Tsireya and she agreed so we motioned the Sully's to go to the surface. We all swam up and once there we all agreed to go back. We swam back and said the usual Thank yous and byes. As I started to walk back I heard my name being called. I turned to see Neteyam walking towards me.

"Fancy some thinking and chilling time on the beach?" He smiles at me. I nod in agreement, I was heading there anyways.

We got the same spot on the beach from the night of the party. We both sat down and looked up at the sky in silence. A comfortable silence. Neteyam breaks the silence after a while and asks me "Whats your favourite thing about your clan?" 

"You're sitting in front of it" I reply as I stare at the open water. he smiles and I ask him the same question "What about you?"

He takes a moment to think about his answer then says "The more I explore it, i've got to say the water too. It helps to have such a good teacher though." He laughs and I blush. 

We sit in another comfortable silence before I hear my name being shouted from the distance. I look to see an angry Aonung on the bridge waving me over. Neteyam helps me up and says "I've really enjoyed myself Y/n, you are great company" with a smile. 

"You're not that bad company yourself" I say before running over to Aonung. I cannot believe that just came out my mouth. 

Once I get to Aonung he seems pissed. "What are you doing with him!" he says sharply.  

"We were just chilling Aonung, calm down please" His face softened after I said this and we begin to walk home.

We get to the hut and Tsireya automatically takes my arm and drags me to our part of the hut. "Where have you been, with who and what were you doing?" she says with a smirk.

I'm taken back by all the questions and start with "I was with Neteyam." She gasps in excitement. "We were just sitting on the beach chilling" she can't wipe the smirk off her face. "What?" I ask. "Nothing" she replies and begins to giggle to herself. She turns over and begins to sleep with a huge smile on her face. 'What is this girls problem' I thought to myself before rolling over myself and going to sleep.