Chapter 25

Today mother and father are taking Nuwani on a tour round the different Metkayina islands today which means I have a free day!

I start my day with a much needed lie in. After I've finally woken up I get up and head straight to the water, not before putting on my beautiful necklace from Neteyam first though. I dip my feet into the glittering water and it feels amazing. As I'm taking it all in I'm suddenly lifted up from behind and spun round in circles. Im laughing and telling them to stop. They finally stop and I turn to see Neteyam.

"Afternoon" he beams.

"I've missed you!" he exclaims and then Lo'ak runs over.

"Bro! it's felt like forever!" and he grabs me and lifts me up then down with a hug.

I laugh and smile at them. Tsireya and Aonung join us as well as Kiri and Tuk.

"I want to play something!" Tuk exclaims excitedly.

"What shall we play?" Tsireya asks.

"How about ilu races!" Tuk replies with a beaming smile.

"Sure why not" I reply and we all call out ilus.

As we ride off I turn to see Rowari watching from the bridge.

We get far enough and decide who's is going to race who.

I volunteer to not take part and be the judge but Lo'ak comes at me with "Come on bro don't be a wuss." Oh it's on.

We decide that at first we should all race and loser then becomes the judge. Tuk is sharing an ilu with Kiri and she shouts "Three, Two, One.... go" and we all speed underwater to the finish line which we chose to be a nearby rock. Aonung wins and Kiri and Tuk lose.

They move aside and are now the judges. We all line back up and I look to Lo'ak who smirks and then to Neteyam who is already staring at me. I blush.

"Three, Two, One....Go!" Tuk shouts and we all ride. Neteyam wins and Tsireya loses. She joins Kiri and Tuk at the side and Tuk screams "Go y/n do it for the girls!" I laugh to myself.

We all line up again and wait for Tuk to shout.

"Three, Two, One.... Go!" she shouts and we go again. Lo'ak wins and Aonung loses. He did not like this one bit. He strops his way over to the side and joins the others. We all laugh at his reaction.

We repeat the same process, we line up, we wait.... and we go.

We all speed to the rock and I just beat Lo'ak. I laugh at him and he gives me the finger. "Who's the wuss now Sully" I say continuing to laugh. He slowly, on purpose, rides to the side and joins the others. There's only two of us left. Me and Neteyam. We look at each other and smirk before focusing ahead. I look at him again and he is focused on my neck.

"Three.... Two.... One....GO!" Tuk screams. They all cheer for me as me and Neteyam begin to race towards the rock. We get towards the end and he is beating me but he slows down at the end and I pass him and win. They all cheer. Neteyam looks at me as he slides off his ilu and swims to me, he pulls me off my ilu and into the water. He pulls me down until we are out of sight of the others and looks at me as he pulls me closer . He looks to my lips and kisses me. I deepen the kiss and wrap my legs round his waist. He grabs my thigh with one hand and puts his other to the back of my neck. We pull away and head to the surface for air.

Wow.

I look at him and blush, the others make their way over. "Well this definitely proves I am the mighty warrior now" I laugh. He laughs and shakes his head before looking at me deeply.

"Well done y/n!" everyone says as they reach us.

We continue to race for the majority of the day until it starts to get dark. We all head back to the beach. I can't stop thinking about that kiss. The passion. The feeling I got. It just felt..... right.

We all get to the beach and say our goodnights, I hang back with Neteyam and when everyone is near their huts I grab his hand and run down the beach leading him to follow me.

We get to an area filled with palm trees and rock pools and he turns to me and he says "Y/n what are we doing? We will be late..." I stop him from talking by placing my lips to his. He relaxes and pulls his hands up to my cheeks and holds my face gently while we kiss. The kiss deepens and I wrap my arms round his neck, he lifts me up by my waist and I wrap my legs round his waist bringing us closer together.

He walks us to a nearby tree, not breaking the kiss, and leans me against it while i'm still wrapped round him. I've never felt a feeling like this before. After a few minutes we both slowly pull away. He looks into my eyes deeply, breathless and says "Wow."

I giggle and wrap my arms round him before he gently puts me down. We sit on a nearby rock pool edge and dip our feet in. We talk for a while about random stuff.

Then there's a comfortable silence.

"You let me win earlier didn't you?" I ask him.

He smiles and says "No" with a smirk.

I laugh and look at the mini pool of water.

"We better be getting back before we get in trouble" he says.

"I don't mind getting in trouble if it's with you" I say looking at him.

He smiles and cups my face before kissing me again.

"Y/n!" we hear in the distance which pulls up apart.

We look at each other and laugh, then we head back to the huts hand in hand. Once in sight we let go of each other hands and I see my father looking on the beach.

"Y/n where have you been it's late?" my father ask me looking at me and Neteyam.

"I was just showing Neteyam the rock pools at night, sorry for being late" I explain.

"Sorry sir I heard beautiful things about the rock pools at night and I wanted to see them" Neteyam adds while looking at me.

"Very well, let's head inside then now, get back safely Neteyam I imagine your parents are wondering where you are too" my father says before we walk away. I turn to Neteyam and give him a smile before walking into the hut.