Chapter 103

*Month later*

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR Y/N, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU"

Ughhh... they remembered.

"Mama"

"Mama"

"MAMA!"

"Im awake" i sit up and look at the eager child sitting with his father. He smiles and walks over to the other side of the hut and picks up a seaweed wrapped gift then runs back to me and passes it to me.

"Happy Birthday Mama" he smiles.

"Thank you baby" I smile.

I start to unwrap the gift and reveal a bunch of handpicked flowers and a paper covered in scribbles.

"Its you look" he says pointing at the scribbles then says "And I picked these for you" pointing at the flowers.

"Thank you I love them" I smile and give him a kiss and cuddle.

I look over to Neteyam who's smiling "You remembered" I say.

"Of course I did" he says.

I roll my eyes and smile.

"Happy birthday my love" he says and gets closer to give me a hug.

He fumbles with his pouch and pulls out a small box and hands it to me.

I smile at him and start to open the box and gasp at the beautiful ring inside. I pull it out the box and examine it in awe. It has a spiral band, like seaweed, and then had a beautiful blue pearl at the centre.

"Thank you" I smile widely and hug him and place kisses all over his smiling lips.

I slip the ring on and can't stop looking at it.

"Its a sky person tradition but my father did it for my mother and I wanted to pass the tradition on because it is such a beautiful meaning behind it, its a ring to celebrate you as mates" he smiles.

"Its beautiful" I smile.

"Broooooooo" is all we hear as Lo'ak zooms into the hut and lands next to me.

"Lo'ak!" I gasp.

"Happy birthday" he smiles and passes me a gift. I side eye him as I open the gift and reveal a bundle of new arrows with pearls attached to my signature coloured feathers.

"Well?..." he asks anxiously.

"I love them" I say rolling my eyes and smiling before giving him a hug.

Over the next few hours I get visits from everyone, mother and father, Jake and Neytiri, Aonung, Tsireya and Rowari, Kiri and Rotxo and even Norm.

I have a beautiful collection of gifts by the evening that I am forever grateful for. Neteyam and Lo'ak took Jeteyam out for a while because he was getting inpatient in the hut so while they are gone I arrange them all in the hut into where they need to go.

Neteyam appears a while later without Jeteyam.

"Where's Jeteyam?" I ask.

"He is with your mother and father" he smiles.

"Why?" I wonder.

"We are having a good old beach fire, like we used to" he smiles.

"But what about...." I start.

"Don't worry about anything, we've got it all covered" Lo'ak appears smiling.

"Tonight just relax and enjoy some time with your friends, Childless" he adds.

I lift an eyebrow and he says "Well... as childless as you can get" laughing.

"Fine" I smile and follow them out the hut.

The sky is glittering with hundreds of stars and looks magical. We walk along the beach and I can see the fire lighting up the beach in front of us. We get closer and join all our friends waiting for us. Tsireya, Rowari, Kiri, Rotxo, Aonung and then me, Neteyam and Lo'ak. A few weeks ago Rowari finally took the leap and asked Tsireya to be his girlfriend which she accepted happily.

I greet everyone and we just sit and talk for a while enjoying each others company. Then Lo'ak suggests we play never have I ever. Obviously I cant drink so I'm taking part and drinking water and going to enjoy watching everyone else drink...

Aonung starts.

"Never have I ever liked someone in this circle" Aonung says.

Everyone drinks but him obviously.

"Never have I ever mated" Tsireya says.

Me, Neteyam, Kiri and Rotxo drink.

"Never have I ever had a fight with the opposite sex" Rowari says.

Me and Lo'ak drink.

"Never have I ever fought the same sex" Kiri says.

Me, Neteyam, Lo'ak, Aonung and Rowari drink.

"Never have I ever moved from a different clan" Rotxo smiles.

Me and Aonung giggle along and Kiri, Neteyam and Lo'ak drink.

"Never have I ever had a child" Lo'ak says.

Me and Neteyam drink.

I look round and catch Kiri looking sad and Rotxo grabs her hand. I tap Neteyam for him to look and he notices too.

"Never have I ever had a skxawnd best friend" Neteyam says to cheer her up and she laughs.

I drink and Lo'ak gasps in fake shock. We all laugh.

We go round a couple more times and then we finish the game. We decide to then go round the circle and name some of our favourite memories with people in the group.

Aonung starts "My favourite was watching my sister finally kill that monster the colonel."

Everyone nods along.

Neteyam says "My favourite memory is watching y/n bring our son into the world"

They all nod and agree.

Rotxo says "My favourite was when we were teaching you guys how to ride ilu's and Lo'ak fell straight off"

We all laugh and Lo'ak rolls his eyes laughing.

Kiri says " My favourite memory is when me and Tsireya helped make flower arrangements for y/n and Neteyam's date and Jeteyam's 2nd birthday party"

We all comment on the arrangements.

Tsireya says " My favourite was when we were all at the meeting area and Spider told us to come and you had come back from the dead basically"

They all say yes and agree.

Rowari adds "My favourite memory was coming back to the island after being away for so long"

We all nod along.

Lo'ak says "My favourite memory is even when no one else believed me, y/n believed me about Payakan and helped me"

"Skxawnd" I say nudging him laughing.

Then finally it gets to me.

"My favourite memory is any memory we have all had together, with my son and family and right now, this moment now" I smile.

Theres an army of awww's and we all group hug.

We call it a night and all head back to out huts. Me and Neteyam walk hand in hand to the hut and half way I jump onto his back and he piggy back rides me the rest of the way. I laugh and he tries to shush me while laughing himself so we don't wake anyone up. We get back and lay down and cuddle. He circles his finger on my stomach and plays with my hair with his other hand. I peck him on the lips before falling asleep peacefully for the night.