Chapter 27

I wake up with an aching pain to my eye. I walk out the hut and straight to the water to look in the reflection and see a range of purple and yellow shades round my right eye. Great.

I feel some arms snake round my waist from behind and I smile "Morning Neteyam" I say and I turn to face him. He's smiling but when he sees my eye he frowns.

"It's fine" I say and hug him.

"It's not" he says and lifts my chin to look at him. He leans down and pecks me before we go for a morning walk along the beach.

"Hey guys wait up!" we hear behind us. We turn to see Lo'ak sprinting to us.

"Can I join?" he asks between gasps of breath from running.

"Sure let's go" I say and hook my arm with each of them as we continue to walk and talk.

We are walking and then notice Polkin and the group that were bothering me yesterday under the beach bridge scrapeing off the wood leeches. This must be their punishment for yesterday. We walk past them all and they look down ashamed. Serves themselves right. Polkin jogs over stopping us and says "Can I borrow you for two seconds please y/n?"

Neteyam and Lo'ak move and stand between us and shove him back. "Leave her alone" Neteyam says in a bossy way. I like it.

"It's okay, just wait here for me" I say as I follow Polkin.

"I'm sorry about yesterday y/n. I didn't mean to hit you and I shouldn't have said the things I said. I think it just got to me when Rowari was upset about your conversation and I thought I was sticking up for him in a way. But anyways I'm sorry and it won't happen again" he says.

"Thank you for apologising" I say calmly and smile at him before I walk back to the boys.

I tell them what he said as we continue to walk round the island shore.

"I fancy a swim, you joining?" I ask Neteyam and Lo'ak while diving into the water.

Neteyam follows me in and Lo'ak says "Yeah i'll join, i'll be right back ,wait for me!"

He runs somewhere and we swim in the shallow part while we wait for him. Neteyam swims up behind me wrapping his arms round me and puts his face in the crook of my neck, then kisses it. "Neteyam!" I gasp and then he wraps his legs round mine so I can't keep afloat causing me to go under with him. He turns me round smiling and looks into my eyes. He places his lips to mine and his hands cupped on my face. I wrap my arms round his neck and deepen the kiss. Then we both come up for air.

We smile at each other then we see Lo'ak coming back with Kiri and Tuk. Jake follows them.

"Neteyam I need your help please son" he says.

Neteyam frowns and looks down "Yes sir."

He looks at me apologetically and gets out the water "See you later?" he says.

I smile and nod as the rest of us swim out deeper. We swim for a while and then Lo'ak suggests we go exploring further than before on our ilu's which we all agree to.

I ride next to Lo'ak and say "Why did you bring Tuk? She is going to snitch on us 100%"

"Well I was looking for Aonung and he was with Tsireya and said they were busy so couldn't join and then I asked Kiri but Tuk heard me and said she'd snitch if I didn't let her come, she was like 'Lo'ak i'll tell mom what you're doing unless you let me come' she's such a baby!"

Tuk heard and blows a raspberry at Lo'ak. He scoffs.

We continue to ride and have fun doing tricks on our ilu's then we come to a place I've never seen before in person. It's an island but it looks empty. No life at all. Me and Lo'ak look at each other smirking and shout "Last ones a rotten clam!" and race to the island with Kiri and Tuk shortly following. I win obviously and we climb off the ilu's and go to the islands shore. We wait for Kiri and Tuk impatiently.

"Come on slow coaches!" he shouts.

They finally get to the island and we start walking deep into the island. All the huts are abandoned and damaged and there's not a single sound nearby. We start to explore the huts and I come across one that I recognise, it feels like a memory. I walk round the hut and realise it was the hut from my vision with eywa. The blankets on the floor are still set up from the woman giving birth and the half packed bags. Lo'ak walks in and says "Y/n you okay?" I drop to my knees and start to cry.

He comes to my side and holds me "Hey what's wrong?"

"Lo'ak this is my home!" I gasp between sobs. "The day I had the seizure when I connected to the tree it took me here and I watched my parents get killed by the sky people. I watched my biological mother send me in a basket on a ilu to my mother and father."

"Bro! That's insane, let's see if we can find anything in here" he says and we both start to explore the hut looking through all the belongings. I start looking through the bags and find a bow in the biggest one. This must have been my mothers! There is a name engraved on the bow. Lunana. That must have been her name. I show Lo'ak and he gasps with curiosity.

I grab the bow and run to my ilu and leave it with her. We make our way into the trees to check out the rest of the island with Kiri and Tuk. We look into the empty rock pools and check out all the engravings on the trees from the na'vi that once lived here.

We hear rustling.

We squat down and listen carefully. Kiri points to a spot on the beach where a bunch of na'vi are standing.

"Lo'ak call dad now!" Kiri says.

I'm confused? Call dad?

Lo'ak nods and presses onto his neck piece and start talking "Dad do you copy?" They all look at each other at once. "We are on a island quite far from the village, it's west of the three brother rocks. There are some strange na'vi here. They look like us but are wearing clothes " They all look at each other again. I'm so confused.

Kiri notices and puts something to my ear "Who is with you?" I hear Jake say but where is he? I look round for him and realise he is speaking from the tiny thing in my ear.

"Me, Kiri..." Lo'ak starts "Y/n..."

"Lo'ak!" Jake hisses.

"And Tuk" Lo'ak finishes.

"What the...!"

"Hide for now I am on my way" he says and then silence.

"What is that thing? Why did no one tell me about these talking machines?!" I say annoyed.

"Ahhhhh let me go!" Tuk screams.