Chapter 42

Everyone went to their huts last night. I stayed with mother on the beach as she grieved for her spirit sister. Those sky people will not get away with this.

We eventually went back to the hut I had to basically drag mother back with the help of father. We all woke up this morning angry.

"Clan meeting at the centre of the village now, let everyone know" father tells me, Tsireya and Aonung.

We run to each hut and tell each na'vi to head to the meeting point. By the time we get there everyone is worked up and raging.

"The sky people killed a tulkun, our spirit sister, they need to pay!" father hisses.

"Yeah!" navi hiss in unison.

"Wait!" Jake appears.

"You will not win against the sky people, they have weapons and resources, you will all die!" he explains.

"They killed one of our spirit sisters, they will pay Jake Sully!" my father says.

"Please listen to my father, he has fought them before!" Neteyam begs.

Everyone starts to hiss.

"We must fight!" mother joins in.

"You need to warn your tulkun to go and hide!" Jake begs.

"We will not hide!" mother hisses.

Lo'ak appears next to me and places an arm round me to calm me down.

"You and the tulkun will die, please warn them!" Jake says again.

"Please listen!" Neteyam adds backing up his father.

"No, we must fight back!" father hisses.

Jake runs off and comes back with the device I pulled from the tulkun.

"Tell your spirit sisters and brothers that if they are hit bone of these they are marked for death" he says.

Everyone goes quiet.

Father and mother look too each other for a few minutes but feels like hours. Mother weeps and nods.

"Go warn your brothers and sisters" father instructs to everyone.

Everyone starts to scatter to the water to warn their spirit brothers and sisters.

Lo'ak grabs my hand and pulls me aside into the trees.

At the same time we say "Payakan" we smile at eachother and he grabs my hand again and we run to the training ground to harness our ilus.

*Neteyam POV*

"Go warn your brothers and sisters!" Tonowari says and everyone goes to the water.

Father breathes in relief and turn to me.

"Thank you for helping my boy" and hugs me.

"I'm glad they listened father" I say.

Out of the corner of my eyes I see Lo'ak and y/n running hand in hand towards the training ground. I run after them to see what they are doing, I hope its not what I think.

*Y/N POV*

We get to the training ground and call out ilus, I grab my new harness and Lo'ak grabs a harness from the wooden rack. We start to put them on out ilus.

"Where do you think youre going?" Neteyam says.

Me and Lo'ak look at eachother wide eyed and turn to look at Neteyam.

"I cant leave him, I need to warn him" Lo'ak says.

"No, you need to keep your Skxawnd ass here" Neteyam says and grab Lo'aks shoulders.

"No, im going, You cant stop me" Lo'ak pushes him.

"Why have you always got to make things so difficult" Neteyam says.

"You mean why can't I be the perfect little soldier like you? The perfect son? He's my brother, i'm going" Lo'ak shouts.

"Oh he's your brother? NO I am your brother" Neteyam hisses.

Lo'ak jumps into the water and onto his ilu. He looks at me.

I look at Neteyam and he looks worried "Please y/n."

"I'm sorry Neteyam" I say as I jump onto Lo'ak's ilu.

We ride off towards where we meet Payakan.

*Neteyam POV*

"I'm sorry Neteyam" she says and rides off with Lo'ak.

I hiss to myself.

No.

"Hey Neteyam, where are Lo'ak and y/n going?" Tsireya, Aonung, Rotxo, Kiri and Tuk appear.

I jump into the water and call my ilu, i climb on and say "They're going to Payakan!" before riding after them.

*Y/N POV*

We get closer and we slide off the ilu.

"Payakan!" we shout together.

He appears straight away and looks panicked.

"Whats wrong?" Lo'ak asks him.

He turns round. Oh no. He's been marked.

"Lo'ak!" I shout.

"Shit! Quick!" Lo'ak says and we climb onto Payakans fin.

We try to pull at the device but it's no use, it's not budging.

Neteyam, Tsireya, Aonung, Rotxo, Kiri and Tuk all arrive and jump on to help.

We all pull but its still not budging.

"Look!" Tsireya gasps.

The ship comes from round the three brother rocks and is making its way over.

"Shit" Lo'ak says.

"Lo'ak call dad now!" Neteyam shouts.

Lo'ak climbs onto Payakans back and uses his necklace to call Jake.

"Dad! Do you copy? We are out by the three brother rocks and Payakan has been hit, a ship is coming, we need help!" he panics.

I hear Jake through my earpiece I got for my birthday. "Who is with you?"

"Were all here" Lo'ak responds.

"Hide, we are coming" Jake says.

Neteyam jumps into the water and wraps a rope round his ilus neck and throws the other end to Aonung who wraps it round the device.

"Ready? Everyone pull now!" Neteyam says and rides the ilu attached to the device. With all out strength it comes out.

"Now hide, i'll lead them away!" Neteyam shouts.

We all swim down on our ilus and the ship releases machines after us. Me an Lo'ak swim through the thick seaweed and the machine follows us. We find a flower and hide in it.

A few seconds later Kiri appears "I lost Tuk!" she cries.

I gasp and swim back down into the water, I see legs coming from another flower and swim over, I swim up to the air pocket and find Tuk and Tsireya.

"Are you both okay?" I ask.

"We're fine" Tsireya says.

We see the machines lights getting closer.

"We need to move, ready?" I ask.

"GO!" I shout and we swim away from the machine, it follows us and another machine appears in front of us. We have nowhere to go!