Chapter 29

We all follow Jake to my hut. My father is surprised to see everyone walk in then he see's my head.

"What happened?" he says as he checks out my head.

"It was the sky people" Jake tells my father.

Mother and father gasp.

Jake pushes Lo'ak forward.

"We were riding and we noticed an island sir. I suggested we went to explore it so we did. Everything was fine then we heard voices and saw sky people on the beach but in na'vi form. I called my father and told him and as we began to leave they found us. My mother and father turned up and rescued us all."

"It wasn't just Lo'ak's fault! I suggested we go too" I explain.

"I see" my father says looking down at me "And where are the sky people now?" he asks.

"They left in a boat after they realised we were there and went in the opposite direction away from here" Neytiri says.

"Mom they had spider!" Kiri cries.

Neytiri comforts Kiri and explains Spider is a sky person who was left when they sent all the others back to earth. He was only a baby so couldn't travel. He was bought up with the Sully's.

"Jake I think we need to make sure the perimeter checks are happening more frequently and further out to ensure we know when they are near again."My father says and Jake agrees. We are all dismissed and leave the hut.

"Y/n stay your wounds need healing" my mother says as she places Nuwani down. I look at all the others as they leave the hut.

I sit down and mother starts to address my head wound. "What were you thinking going out that far y/n! You know it is not safe" my father starts.

"I know, but we were having fun and we saw the island and it looked empty so we thought it would be okay" I say beginning to cry.

"It's okay daughter it is over now please don't do anything like this again" my mother interrupts and wipes my tears.

"It's not that mother. Do you remember the evening I had that seizure?" she nods to me.

"Well when I connected to eywa she took me somewhere. It was that island and I remembered it" I continue. She looks intrigued by what I am saying.

"In the vision I was watching a clan getting destroyed by sky people. I was watching my mother and father..." I trail off.

"It's okay y/n take your time" she says and father starts listening.

"The sky people came and they were scared, they began packing to leave but mother started to cry in pain. She was having me. After the Tsahik, my grandmother helped her my mother took me to an ilu and put me in a basket and sent me off. To you" I explained.

"So that's what happened. We guessed you were from the lost city but we weren't sure" mother explained.

"We are so sorry you had to see that y/n" father adds.

"It's fine, I always wanted to know what happened and now I do. So when I saw the island I just had to go. Please don't blame Lo'ak!"

"When we got there I found the hut and me and Lo'ak searched through the stuff and I found this" I say picking up my mothers bow.

"Look her names engraved on it!" I say and show them.

They look at each other shocked.

"My daughter this is the bow of Lunana. She was a mighty warrior known for her bravery all over Awa'atlu. She was destined to be the next Tsahik. One of the best Pandora has seen. Many believed she would be the next Toruk Makto" my father explains.

"When people learned she did not survive the battle everyone was devastated" mother adds.

"Wow I wish I had the chance to meet her" I say sadly.

"She would be very proud of you" they both say and we all hug.

I excuse myself and walk out the hut with the bow. I meet up with everyone who's sitting on the beach waiting for me. Lo'ak stands up and walks towards me enveloping me in a hug.

"Thank you for standing up for me in there y/n, I see you and I'm here for you If you need to talk" he says hinting at the bow.

"Thank you Lo'ak, i'm going to tell everyone now" I say.

We sit down with the others and I tell them all about my vision with eywa and checking out the hut earlier. I told them about the bow and what mother and father just told me about my birth mother. They are all looking at me in awe.

"I heard great stories about Lunana growing up!" Rotxo says.

"She really does sound amazing..." I say sadly.

They all squish me into a group hug and make me feel better.

We spend the rest of the day telling Aonung, Rotxo and Tsireya about what happened and about Jake, Neytiri and neteyam coming to save us.

Night time comes and we set up a small camp fire to sit round. I'm lying down with my head in Neteyam's lap and Kiri and Rotxo and sitting awfully close to each other. The rest are sitting normally. We tell each other stories and tales and enjoy each others company until we all decide it's getting late.

We all head back to the huts and a hand pulls me back. Neteyam drags me under the bridge so we are out of sight. "I'm sorry I wasn't there for you y/n. I wish I was there to comfort you and prevent the events of today happening" he says looking to the sand.

I place my palms on his cheeks and pull his face towards mine "Don't be sorry, it was my fault for going. You saved my life today Neteyam Sully, however can I repay you" I smile at him. He smiles back and pulls me closer. We lean in and kiss like we've never kissed before, the passion, the connection... the feelings. He lays me down on the sand and his hands explore every inch of my skin all without breaking the kiss. He starts to leave a trail of kisses from my lips to my neck. I stop the kiss slowly before we get too carried away which he agrees with.

"You are something else y/n" he says. I smile and peck him again.

We sit and look at the beautiful night sky for a while before he leads me back to my hut hand in hand. He gives me a kiss goodbye and heads to his own hut.

I sneak in and lay next to Tsireya who turns over and says "Let me guess... Neteyam?" I giggle and she laughs too.

"I think he is the one for you y/n, I've never seen you so... happy" she says.

"One day at a time Tsireya, taking it slow" I say.

She smiles and rolls over. I close my eyes and I can't stop thinking about him.