Chapter 47

MULTI POV CHAPTER

Jake

Everyone is distraught about y/n. Neteyam is broken. I've never seen my son like this, in fact I've not seen him at all. He disappears for hours every day and comes back at night without speaking to anyone. I can't imagine what it would be like to lose your soulmate. This morning I wake up and see him gone again, I look out the hut and see a figure walking along the beach. I follow and it is Neteyam.

"What are you doing son?" I call.

He turns and looks at me with the same red eyes he's had since she passed.

I say nothing and just hug him.

"I'm going to go out for a while" he says to me and jumps into the water and swims away.

I wish I could have protected her like she helped me. Her funeral will be in 3 days, metkayina let the body rest for a week for people to make peace and prepare the body for the transition to eywa, Neteyam stayed by her side for the whole of the first day as well as Lo'ak and he hasn't been since. I hope the funeral will be some sort of closure for him.

Neytiri

My poor children. They have all lost their friend, best friend, future mate. Nothing I do helps them. My baby Tuk is always crying, she is coping the best, she distracts herself then remembers y/n is gone and gets upset again, she is easiest to comfort. Kiri spends a lot of her time with Rotxo sitting by the water and comforting each other. Lo'ak isn't doing well, he spends most days in the hut or with y/n's body. Neteyam, well Neteyam we never see, he goes off everyday and comes back and says nothing, he is heartbroken.

What can a mother do to mend a broken heart? I feel hopeless watching them all like this.

Y/n was a very special girl and she is so missed by everyone in the clan. She has left a huge impact on the village. I have tried to support Ronal a much as I can during this time. I can not and do not want to imagine what it is like to lose a child.

Tuk

I miss y/n. Why did she leave?

Kiri

The last few days have been so hard on everyone. Me and Rotxo have been comforting each other to get through it. He is very upset, he's lost a friend he has known his whole life. I only knew her for just over a year and she made such a impact on my life, never mind knowing. her my whole life. I pray to eywa everyday she can bring her back. I don't understand why the great mother would do this to us all. I fear for my brothers, they are not doing well. None of us have seen Aonung or Tsireya either.

Please bring her back.

Tonowari

Those sky people will pay for this. My baby is gone. I am going to be giving my baby back to the ocean in 3 days because of them. I will do everything I can to avenge her. Ronal and the children are not doing well, we all sit in the hut all day every day accepting people's condolences and well wishes as they visit y/n for the last time. Nuwani is too young to understand but he can sense the loss everyone is feeling. Aonung sits in the corner staring at her all day in silence. Tsireya spends all day crying and hugging her body. Ronal cries and weeps and tries to comfort Tsireya but we all feel lost. That Sully boy Lo'ak has been here everyday to see y/n, he doesn't seem to be doing well.

Ronal

A mother should never outlive their children. The feelings will not go away, disappointment, anger, loss. Every day I think about going out there and finding those responsible. But I need to be here for everyone, Tsireya and Aonung are not coping. I need to prepare Tsireya for when we get y/n ready for the funeral. And to say our final goodbyes. I cant believe these words are even being spoken. It doesn't feel real. My baby girl is gone.

Tsireya

My sister. My best friend. I have never felt a pain like this before. It's like i'm missing an arm. I don't want to let her go, I will not let her go. Lo'ak has been to visit her everyday and never leaves . I have not seen Neteyam since the first day she was bought home and he had to be dragged away by Neytiri. Mother pulls me to the side.

"My daughter, we need to be strong. On the day of the funeral we must prepare your sister" she says between sniffles.

"What do you mean?" I whisper out.

"We must prepare her, wash, dress, make her comfortable ready for her transition to eywa" mother says.

I nod in response and weep. We hug.

Aonung

It doesn't feel real. She's been my best friend since we were children. I have always looked out for her and I failed her. I have been sitting in the corner of the hut planning how I will avenge my sister. Those sky people will pay for what they have done.

I miss her.

Lo'ak

Sleep, visit y/n. Sleep, visit y/n. Sleep, visit y/n.

My days all blend into one. All I do is sleep and spend all my day by y/n's side.

It's my fault. If I hadn't gone back on that boat to save spider she would be here, no, if I hadn't gone to payakan she would be here. It's my fault. My partner in crime has gone. Forever. I can't process it. I wake up expecting to see her walking along the beach or swimming in the water. No one has seen Neteyam. I lost my best friend but he lost the love of his life.

Oh y/n you was so special to us all. Great mother why did you take her.