Chapter 84

*3 Month later*

I wake up and roll over and see Neteyam laying down staring at the hut roof. I scoot closer and cuddle him. He pulls me closer and stokes my hair and I smile at him.

*Throwback*

I open my eyes and feel confused when I look round and realise I am back at home. Neteyam walks into the hut and I roll over the opposite way so I don't need to look at him.

"Come on y/n, let's talk" he says and sits next to me.

"What is there to talk about" I say coldly.

"Please, i'm sorry" he begs.

"Well sorry won't cut it Neteyam" I snap and sit up.

"Im carrying a baby, YOUR baby. I mated with YOU. So why do you think i'd go flirt with other men when i've got you" I say looking at him angrily.

"I know, I didn't think" he says.

"No, you didn't" I say.

"You've made me feel like shit. I have never given you a reason to think id be unfaithful yet here we are" I say.

"No, I know you wouldn't do that, I was just jealous and in the heat of the moment I reacted. I love you like no other love in this world and the thought of losing you made me worried" he explains disappointed at himself.

"Neteyam, do I not show you enough how much I love you if you felt like that?" I say.

"No, of course not! I know you love me, I just get this feeling of not being good enough, and worry you will leave me one day" he expresses to me.

"We are mated for life Neteyam, I chose to be with you for life" I say placing a hand to his face.

"I'm sorry y/n, I love you so much, I love you both so much" he says placing a hand on my belly.

*Current time*

"Are you okay?" I ask him placing a hand on his chest.

"Always when i'm with you" he smiles and kisses my head.

The baby kicks me right in the ribs and I groan in pain.

"What's wrong? Are you okay?!" Neteyam panics.

"I'm fine just your kid beating me up" I say rubbing my bump.

I'm 8 months now so the baby will be here in a month. We cant wait to meet them. Neteyam places his hand on my stomach and the baby kicks him and he smiles at me in awe. Every time. He is obsessed with the baby already, he's going to be such a good dad. I try to sit up and struggle, making Neteyam laugh. He stands up and grabs my hands and pulls me up still laughing.

"You did this to me" I say side eyeing him.

"Oh yeah, i'll do it again over... and over..." he says smirking and hugs me from behind then places gentle kisses on my neck with each word making me giggle.

Lo'ak storms in and Neteyam stops. Skxawnd.

"Neteyam, dad wants a family meeting" Lo'ak says.

He looks at me and says "Wow you look huge!"

I frown at him scaring him and he runs out the hut. Dick.

Neteyam laughs and hugs me "i'll be back in a minute"

I nod and he leaves.

*Neteyam POV*

I walk to the family hut and walk in to see us all here, Lo'ak, mother, father, Kiri and Tuk.

"Me and your mother have been talking and we have been discussing going back home, now the colonel is gone we no longer need to hide to protect the clan and ourselves" father says.

"Y/n is going to be giving birth in a month" I say stunned at what they've just asked of us.

"Yes she can do that at the forest" mother suggests.

"No way, this is her home, i'm not making her leave" I say.

"I don't want to leave either, me and Rotxo are good and I don't want to leave him" Kiri says.

"I've built a life here, i've got friends, i've got y/n who's like family to me and understands me, I don't want to leave" Lo'ak says.

"I like my ilu" Tuk adds.

"If you had asked us this back when we arrived I would have happily gone home, but this is my home now, y/n is my home" I explain to father.

"I understand" he says then looks at mother.

"We need to discuss this" he says and she nods.

We all leave and sit outside the hut and wait. After a while they call us back in and we gather.

"Me and your mother are still discussing, we will stay for now and revisit the subject" he says.

We all stay silent and leave one by one without saying a word.

I go back to the hut and see y/n sitting on the floor crossed legged with all the baby pictures in front of her spread out.

"What you doing?" I ask and sit beside her.

"Just reminiscing, how have they gone from this to this, its crazy" she says pointing at the first photo then to the latest one.

"I know, and we will meet them soon" I say smiling at her and I wrap my arm round her shoulder.

"We have nothing ready yet" she says and I nod.

"We will sort it" I say.

A few weeks ago Tsireya came to me and told me they are doing a surprise baby shower for y/n before the baby arrives. That's why ive been putting off getting anything because people will gift stuff then.

"What did your dad want?" she asks me.

"They have been talking about moving back to the forest now the colonel is gone. I told them no and I will not leave or make you leave your home" I explain.

" What did they say?" she asks.

"They said they will revisit the subject another time, no one wants to go" I say.

"I see" is all the says and continues to mess with the photos.

We spend the rest of the evening talking all about the baby and spending quality time together. We go to sleep for the night and watch the stars.