Chapter 22

*Neteyam POV*

The horns go off near the bridge and I make my way over immediately. I walk over to see a group of na'vi i've never seen before. They look like metkayina but i've never seen them round?

Tonowari makes his way through the group and immediately greets the oldest member of the group. "Nice to see you back my brother!" Tonowari said to the na'vi.

Y/n and Aonung make their way thought the crowd and look confused. Y/n says "Rowari?!" and the younger male na'vi smiles and says "Y/n?"

Y/n runs up to him and hugs him tightly and he spins her. WTF. Who is this person?

The group disperses and y/n walk off with this... Rowari.

*Y/N POV*

I can't believe Rowari is back! When we were younger we were inseparable, we always used to joke around that we were going to end up as mates!

The group disperses and I pull Rowari along with me to catch up. Aonung, Rotxo and Tsireya follows to join in with the catch up.

Rowari is telling us all about his time at the other clan and how excited he is to be back.

"You've come back at the perfect time, we're having a beach party tonight!" Tsireya adds.

"I remember us all having sleepovers and wishing we could go join the teens when they had their beach parties... now we are the teens" he laughs. We all join in laughing.

Not gonna lie, he got fineee as he's gotten older.

We disperse after a while to get ready for the party tonight. Me and Tsireya do the usual to our hair and help each other then Kiri turns up and joins in. Tsireya found a super pretty shell on the beach and puts it into my hair. We are finally ready and good to go.

As we leave my father walks into the hut and says "Y/n can I speak to you please?"

I sigh and the girls wait outside for me.

"I'm sorry for what I said. You are not a disappointment at all. I am proud of everything you do and accomplish. I was just so worried that you could have gotten hurt."

I hug my father and smile "Love you" I say. He hugs me back and tells me to enjoy myself.

We get to the beach and the fires roaring, everyone is talking, laughing, dancing and drinking. We head to the drink table and get ourselves a drink.

"Hello beautiful"

I turn to see Rowari standing behind me with a cheesy grin. I giggle.

We all chill round the fire talking about out childhood and funny memories then Rowari grabs my hands and pulls me up.

"What are you doing Rowari?" I laugh.

"We're gonna dance, like old times. Only we're not pretending on the shore anymore" he smiles.

I laugh and shake my head "Noooo I don't dance!"

"That's not what I remember" he laughs and drags me round the fire he starts to swing me round and makes me do twirls using his arm. I laugh and dance along with him. It's like he never left.

*Neteyam POV*

Me and Lo'ak are at the beach party before any of the group today so we observe the other na'vi and talk between ourselves. I look over at Rowari and he's with a group of na'vi.

"What do you think of that Rowari dude?" Lo'ak asks me.

I shrug and say "Not really spoken to him, y/n seems to know him well though, she was very.... happy to see him" I say with gritted teeth.

"Yeah i've not seen her all day because he's here" Lo'ak adds.

As we say this y/n walks in with Tsireya and Kiri and looks stunning. Well she always does but tonight, there's something different. She walks to the drinks table and pours them all a drink. I need to speak to her after our argument. As I go to walk over Rowari walks past me and gets there first.

"Hello beautiful" he says to her. Are you joking?

She giggled and they all sit at the fire. I guess i'll wait. I think Lo'ak is feeling a bit threatened also, his face says it all, I chuckle to myself and look at what's got him so straight faced and see Rowari and y/n dancing. She's laughing and having so much fun. I can't bare to watch anymore.

Once they're finished I take my chance and I make my way over...

*Y/N POV*

My feet are killing me now! I can't remember the last time I had fun like that. I go to sit down and Aonung shoots up stealing my attention and walks towards Neteyam who is starting to walk over, I didn't even know he was here.

Aonung puts a hand to Neteyam's chest and pushes him back slightly. I walk over and hear Aonung say "Back off"

Lo'ak stands next to me and puts an arm round me and smiles, like he knows i'll need it.

Neteyam shoves him away and says "What's your problem?"

"You, she's happy so just leave her alone" he says.

I'm so confused right now.

"What's the problem here?" Rowari joins.

"What's the problem? You are the problem..." Neteyam says.

"Sorry am I meant to know who you are?" Rowari questions confused.

Neteyam looks to me then back at Rowari.

"No i'm no one" he replies and starts to walk away.

"Freak" Rowari laughs.

Lo'ak tenses and releases my shoulders.

"What did you just call my brother?" he spits.

"Freak" Rowari says directly too Lo'ak.

Lo'ak balls his fists up at his side and stares down Rowari. Rowari pushes Lo'ak and asks him "What you gonna do forest boy?"

Neteyam rushes back in and swings at Rowari punching him square in the face. Rowari punches him back and then Lo'ak joins in, and then Aonung joins in.

Me and Tsireya try to tell them to stop but they don't listen.

"STOP!" I shout.

They all pause and look at me. I burst into tears and run off down the beach. What has gotten into them all?

The boys go to follow me so Tsireya and Kiri tell them no. They follow me down the beach and we all sit on the sand.

"What is their problem?!" I cry to the girls.

Tsireya looks down then says "I think I know"

"Lo'ak and Neteyam seem to feel threatened by Rowari's return and the drink has gotten to them all and yeah... its just a big drama"

Kiri looks confused.

"Rowari was my childhood best friend, we were inseparable and we always thought we would end up a mates" I explain.

"But what has that got to do with my brothers?" she asks. I look at Tsireya.

"Me and Lo'ak are best friends, we are super close. Me and Neteyam... well that's complicated"

Now Tsireya looks confused.

"I was walking along the beach earlier and saw Neteyam with another girl. "

Tsireya gasps.

"Aonung found me and comforted me which is why i'm guessing he was telling neteyam to leave me alone, he must know it was Neteyam that upset me"

"Oh okay it all linking together now" they both say.

"Anyone fancy a sleepover?" I suggest. They both nod and we head to our hut for the night.