Chapter 45

The ship gets engulfed by the water and I start looking for Jake and Miles. I look round different corners of the ship and finally find them fighting in an air pocket. Jake punches Miles hard and he stumbles back. I aim my bow and shoot it at Miles leg. I get him.

"Arghhh!" he says. They sink underwater.

Jake puts his hands round Miles throat and starts to strangle him. Miles pulls Jakes hair and Jake lets go. They both swim back to the air pocket which is slowly disappearing. They both take a deep breathe before going under and fighting again. Miles has his hands round Jakes throat now and Jake starts to get still. Then he kicks Miles leg with the arrow and Miles lets go. Jake grabs Miles neck again and keeps going until he is still. He lets go and Miles sinks.

I look at Jake to see him passed out. I swim to Jake and try to find an exit but I cant remember the way out.

Lo'ak appears and grabs jakes other arm and leads us both to an air pocket in the next room.

"Dad?" Lo'ak panicks.

"Neteyam?" Jake says disorientated.

"No sir, it's Lo'ak" Lo'ak says.

"Oh Lo'ak" Jake says.

"Come on we need to go" I say to them.

"You go, I won't make it" Jake says.

"No dad, please don't leave me" Lo'ak begs.

"Im sorry about all this, its all my fault, please come" Lo'ak adds.

I swim closer to them.

"The way of water has no limits, it Is there both in your birth and in your death, it is round you and in you" I start and put a hand to each of their stomachs. "Deep breathes" I add.

The air pocket is quickly filling.

"Okay last breath" I say as we all breathe deeply and the water fills the pocket. Lo'ak leads us through the ship the way he came in and after a few turns we end up outside the boat. Lo'ak starts to swim upwards but I dropped my bow. I swim down and try to find it.

I finally find it and swim up towards the nearest rock I can find. I sit on the rock and breathe for a minute.

BANG

'What was that?' I think to myself as I look round.

Oh my eywa, I turn to see Spider helping Miles onto his Ikran.

How dare he! We just saved him! Now he's saving the man who tried to kill us.

I call Toruk and climb on. I need to tell the others.

I fly and look for the others and they are all back on the rock with Neteyam. I land on the rock next to it and swim over then climb onto the rock.

"Its over, we're okay" Jake says as they group hug.

"Sully's stick together" Tuk says.

I stand and watch them. Tsireya notices me and says "Y/n!" then runs and hugs me.

"Thank eywa you are okay!" she says.

I feel faint.

She pulls away from me and says "Are you okay?"

"Y/n what's wrong?" Lo'ak says worried.

"Y/n?" Neteyam says.

I pull my arm from my stomach and look down to see blood, everyone gasps.

"Oh my eywa!" Tsireya gasps.

"Someone help!" Lo'ak shouts.

Neteyam jumps up and grabs me making him hiss in pain because of his arm.

"Y/n its going to be okay" Neteyam reassures me.

My legs buckle beneath me and Neteyam and Lo'ak catch me.

They lower me onto the rock and lay me down.

"Father do something please!" Neteyam begs Jake.

"Mom help, anyone!" Lo'ak cries.

Jake comes to my side and turns me to check my wound. He looks at Neytiri with sad eyes.

He looks back down at me and smiles with watery eyes "You saved me and my family today y/n, I can never thank you enough." I smile back at him.

I hear Tsireya shout "Mother, father, Aonung!"

I hear chatter and then father appears at my side "Y/n! my girl, what happened"

I gasp for air.

Father looks at Jake and Jake shakes his head.

"Mother do something!" Aonung and Tsireya beg.

Mother starts to cry and hold them.

They all come to me and we have a family hug.

Everyone is crying.

"I want... I want.. I want to go home" I say as a single tear leaves my eye.

"We will go home now my sweet girl" mother says brushing my hair.

I turn and see Lo'ak holding my wound "It okay, she'll be okay, keep pressure on it" he repeats to himself crying. I put my hand on his arm and smile for him to stop. He shakes his head. "Lo'ak its fine" I whisper. "No, this is all my fault, don't leave me, youre my best friend, please y/n" he cries. "Dont blame yourself, I see you Lo'ak" I say placing a hand to his face and leaving a kiss on his head.

I turn and see Neteyam frozen. I reach out my hand to Neteyam and he takes It and shuffles next to me.I place my hand to his wet cheek. "Y/n please don't leave me" Neteyam cries. "I can't lose you" he adds. "I Love you"

More tears escape my eyes "I love you too Neteyam Sully, so much"

He leans down and places a kiss on my cold lips.

"Please don't leave me" he repeats over and over again "I love you" "I can't do this without you."

"You can. and you will" I gasp smiling "Be happy please."

I squeeze his hand and look round at everyone smiling.

" I love you all...." I trail off.

I gasp my last breathe and then a bright light.