Chapter 73

We wake up and the sun is shining into the hut. Neteyam groans and rolls us over out the way of the beaming sun and wraps his arms round me. I chuckle at him and he smiles against my neck.

"Morning" he says and kisses my neck.

"Morning" I smile and place my hand on his cheek.

"How you feeling this morning" he asks me.

"Happy" I say.

"I'm glad" he smiles and squeezes me in a hug.

"Morningggggg!" a shout comes through the door as someone jumps on top of us.

"Lo'ak get off us you skxawnd!" Neteyam say pushing him off us.

I laugh at them and Lo'ak joins in.

"Where were you guys yesterday?" he asks us.

"I took y/n to our home village" Neteyam says.

"Bro! I want to go, why didn't you ask me?!" Lo'ak whines.

"Because it was a day for us" Neteyam says.

"Okay well I want a day with y/n today" Lo'ak says and pulls me up from the rug and drags me out the hut.

"Lo'ak you.... ughhhh" Neteyam shouts after us.

I laugh at them and Lo'ak continues to drag me away.

"Okay you've got me... now what?" I ask.

"Ermmmm I didn't think this far" Lo'ak says making me laugh.

"Well come up with something" I laugh.

"Ermmmmm..." he thinks.

"The tulkun are here!" Tuk says running up to me and Lo'ak.

"There we go, let's visit Payakan" Lo'ak says proudly as if he just came up with the idea himself.

"Skxawnd" I laugh and we run to the water before diving in.

We call our ilus and connect before riding off towards the tulkun. We dodge between the pod looking for my spirit sister and Payakan to find them near the back. As we get closer a calf appears between them and me and Lo'ak look at each other with a huge grin. We get to them and swim off the ilus.

"Hello sister!" I sign.

"Hello my sister" she signs back.

"Is this your baby?!" I sign.

"It is, her name is Jalini" she signs back to me.

"She's beautiful, congratulations" I sign.

"You too sister" she signs.

"For what?" I sign confused.

"I can sense your baby my sister" she signs.

"Shhh no one knows" I sign looking at Payakan and Lo'ak communicating and taking no notice.

"Sorry sister, are you happy?" she signs.

"So happy" I sign and smile and turn round.

Neteyam appears beside me and smiles as he grabs my hand. He notices the baby tulkun and smiles at me then looks to my belly. I love how happy he is about this.

We spend a few hours talking with our spirit sisters and brothers and enjoying each others company before they move on for the night.

We call our ilus to head back but mine doesn't come. I wait a few minutes but she doesn't come. Neteyam offers to bring me back so I climb on and we ride home, Neteyam hold onto my thigh as we ride. That is very strange she's never not come before. We get back to the village and climb off Neteyams ilu. We take a walk along the beach and enjoy talking and spending time with each other. We continue to walk then we hear shouting behind us.

"Y/n! Neteyam!" Kiri runs after us.

"Family meeting, now, come" she says between breaths and we all head towards my hut strangely.

We get there and mother and Tsireya look at me sadly while father looks furious. Have they found out about the baby?

"My friend Gidius from a village to the east came by not long ago to speak with me , the sky people have been attacking the villages nearby looking for the Sully's" father says.

"Is anyone hurt?" Jake asks.

"Not yet" father says.

"What have they done?" I ask.

"They have been burning down the homes and..... well follow me" father says cautiously and we all follow him towards the loading dock.

As we get closer we notice a few na'vi gathered round something. They see us and disperse to reveal my beautiful ilu laying there lifeless. I gasp and run to her side. I look her over and notice a gunshot wound to her stomach.

"They did this?!" I cry in grief hugging her body.

"I'm so sorry my daughter, she's not the only one either" father says.

Neteyam sits next to me and hold me tight.

"They will pay for this" I say angrily.

Spider appears from behind everyone and pipes in "No y/n" I side eye him.

I stand up angrily ready to send this skxawnd to eywa then he backs up and says "Colonel Miles thinks you're dead remember? We can use this to our advantage"

"What do you mean?" Lo'ak asks.

"Well he shot y/n that day of the battle and he has not seen or heard from her since, he thinks he killed her that day, why would he only be looking for the Sully's and not the girl who almost killed him?" Spider continues.

"Yeah?" Neteyam says.

"So he won't be expecting her when we fight back, she can be the secret weapon to beating him!" Spider exclaims.

"That is a good idea Spider" Jake says surprised.

"My beautiful girl, i've had her since I was a baby" I cry while stroking my ilu.

"Come on, we will arrange her transition tomorrow, you need to rest" Neteyam says to me and I hiss at him.

He gently grabs my arms and pulls me up and away from my ilu. I look back at her and cry into Neteyams chest as we walk away. We get back to the hut and I lay down on the rug staring into nothing. She was part of me, my sister, one of my first friends, she understood me. Neteyam lays down behind me and embraces me with a big hug.

"I'm so sorry about your ilu y/n" he says kissing my cheek.

"I will kill that man if it's the last thing I do" I say coldly.

Neteyam holds me all night and I eventually fall asleep.