Chapter 109

*Marshall POV*

We've spent the last week planning our search for the mixed child. First we will take some Metkayina for experiments and sampling so I have got samples from each clan. Then we will find a way to catch the child.

The benefit of the Metkayina islands being a sea clan is we can use crab suits to travel faster and unseen. We travel throughout the day and finally find an array of islands. This must be them. We wait underwater until dark comes and then make our move.

Liam the crab suit driver gets us up to the surface and me and Lyle exit the suit and swim to the nearby island. Seems quiet. We start looking round the island and looking for na'vi that may be out after dark but we see no-one. We take a gamble and check one of the what im assuming is their homes. We slowly enter a hut but it's empty. We go from hut to hut and they're all empty. This is an abandoned island...

"We are going to have to look for another" Lyle suggests and I nod. We go back to the suit and Liam directs us in the opposite direction looking for another island. After a while we finally find another one. The vibe of this island is didfferent, you can tell its got life on it. Me and Lyle exit the suit again and get on land. We explore silently again waiting for our chance. We hide in some trees nearby and wait. Then we hear a branch snap. We look in the direction and see a green navi covered in tattoos walking. Lyle aims his dart gun and shoots and the na'vi falls. We wait a moment for the tranquilliser to kick in then Lyle grabs him. We swiftly go back to the crab suit with the na'vi in arms. Lyle ties him up and we head back to base.

We head straight to bed when we get back and leave the na'vi with security to tie up.

We wake up in the morning and I go straight to the tab where the na'vi is being held. He hisses at me and I ignore him as I take samples from him. We are getting closer and closer to understanding the indigenous and how to beat them, I can feel it. I take my samples to my desk nearby and start analysing them and putting them into the reading machines. While I do so the general comes in and greets me before starting on the na'vi.

"Where do we find Jake Sully and the mix child?" he asks the na'vi.

The navi refuses to answer. Damn they're loyal.

"Is there even a mixed child alive?" he asks.

The na'vi refuses again.

The general sighs and attaches a machine to the na'vi. Its different to the other. He presses a button and the machine sends a bright light spinning round the navies head and the na'vi grunts in pain. The general repeats his questions but the na'vi still wont talk.

The na'vi begins to bleed from his nose.

"General, maybe thats enough for today, I could use more samples" I suggest.

The genral nods and leaves as well as the other personnel.

I continue to analyse the samples and Ron goes for his break.

"Why you make him stop?" a voice pipes up behind me.

I turn and there's no one but me and the na'vi.

"You speaking to me?" I ask.

"Why you make him stop?" he asks again exhausted form the machine.

"I need you" I shrug and continue.

"No, theres more, I sense it" he says with his broken English.

"Nope, I need you to find the child" I say.

"I will never tell you anything" he states.

"For your own good I hope you're wrong" I say and leave the room.

He wasn't lying... days after the general pushes him to his limit and he passes. We have taken two more na'vi over two weeks. The same happens. None of them will talk.

"Hows the research going?" the general approaches me in the lab.

"Good, im learning a lot but im sure that child is the key" I say looking through the stethoscope.

"We will try another island next week if the newest capture doesn't provide us with information" he says and walks out the room.

Over the last 2 months we have killed 11 na'vi from different clans.

My thoughts are interrupted when the security and Lyle bring in the newest capture. They strap them into the machine and the general starts while I take samples.

"We need information and you are going to give it to us" he starts.

The navi woman hisses.

"If you dont... you will die" the general continues.

"I will tell you nothing demon" she hisses.

"I was hoping you'd say that" the general smiles and starts up the machine.

She screams out in pain and I move away to examine the samples I just took from her. The scream is bloodcurdling and I leave the room to compose myself. I come back and continue with the samples. Whats wrong with me?

"Tell us where Jake Sully is" the general asks and the naive remains silent so the machine goes again and she cries out.

"What island is harbouring him?" he asks again and no answer so the machine whirls again.

"Does Jake Sully know we are back?" he asks. Nothing.

"Where will we find the mixed child?" he asks. The na'vi's ears pick up and a moment of worry crosses her face.

"Ahhh, you do know something" the general smiles.

"Tell me where to find the child, the rumours must be true" he continues.

" I will tell you nothing" she hisses and he starts up the machine.

"Is it true the child is a mix of sky person, Metkayina and Omatikaya?" the general asks.

She hisses again and the general starts up the machine. She screams out and the general turns up the heat.

"Tell us where they are!" the general shouts.

"Never!" the na'vi screams and then silence....

"What a shame... well here's another body for your research Marshall and Ron" the general says and leaves the room.

Ron looks at me worried. I shake off the feelings and get to work. I get my machines and examine the body. I use an ultrasound to get a look at the organs and I drop the equipment as I swipe over her stomach.

"She was pregnant" I whisper.

"Im heading off for the night" I say to Ron without another word and go to the sleep pods. I need to get a grip and focus on the mission.