Chapter 101

*2 Weeks later*

I wake up with the familiar feeling from the day before. I roll over and look at Neteyam who's slowly opening his eyes and I widen mine as I shoot up to sit and grab the bucket from beside me. Yep... the sickness is still here.

Neteyam sits up and rubs my back.

"How long does this last?" he asks me.

"I don't know, i'm going to ask Norm when he gets here today" I whisper so I dont wake up Jeteyam. Im surprised he's not already up.

"Oh yes, I forgot he was coming today" Neteyam whispers back.

"I'll wait until he has done my check up and then ask him to check" I smile.

"It only feels like yesterday we was having these check ups for Jeteyam" he smiles.

I look over at the sleeping toddler and smile. Neteyam wraps his arms round my shoulders and hugs me from behind. Then we hear a noise in the distance and turn to look out the hut and see a distant helicopter.

"Looks like we wont have to wait much longer to meet our baby" he squeezes me.

I spend a couple minutes before the helicopter lands neatening the hut for Norms visit. Neteyam walks out the hut to greet Norm while I finish up and then a few minutes later he appears at the entrance with Norm holding some equipment for him.

They set it all down and Norm greets me.

"Hey y/n, how you doing?" he asks.

"I'm good thanks Norm, you?" I reply.

"Yes, doing fine thanks, ready to get started?" he asks.

I nod and lay down and he starts to attach the various wires and machines. He does the usual head check and he says it's all clear as usual and he is happy to stop the check ups. He checks my small scar on my stomach from the knife wound and says that seems fine too.

"Erm Norm, could you check something else for me please" I ask shyly.

"Sure, what's up?" he asks.

"Erm.." I say awkwardly and look at Neteyam who nods to me with a smile.

"Im pretty sure i'm pregnant again" I say looking everywhere but at Norm.

He starts to laugh and shakes his head "You guys must be very busy" he jokes.

Me and Neteyam look at each other and laugh.

Norm gets out the machine to check my belly and puts the gel stuff on me before placing the tool on my belly and checking the machine. He looks a second then smiles.

"Yep, right there" he says and points at a bean shape on the screen.

I look at the screen and smile then Neteyam grabs my hand and squeezes it and he has a beaming smile plastered on his face.

"We're really doing this again" he chuckles.

"Yep" I say.

We hear shuffling beside us and Jeteyam has finally woke up. He looks out the side of the basket with wide eyes and climbs out and runs over and climbs onto me and lays on my chest and snuggles into me.

We all chuckle and Jeteyam looks up and smiles.

"Look J" Neteyam says and points at the screen.

Jeteyam looks at the screen and turns his head confused.

"Mama is having a baby, it's in her belly" Neteyam says and points to my belly.

Jeteyam looks then frowns and cuddles me harder.

"Its normal" Norm reassures us and prints off a copy of the screen. I look at the photo in my hand and smile at the shape. We finish up and thank Norm for coming and say goodbye.

"So, I think we should tell our families" I say.

"I agree, it's different this time round, we have Jeteyam now, we will need more help" he agrees.

"Its perfect timing, your mom and dad are coming back to visit today" I smile.

"True, shall we do yours first?" he asks.

"Sure" I say and we walk out the hut with Jeteyam still clung onto me. We walk along the beach and hand in hand we get to my parents hut. We walk to the entrance and they're both sitting there talking.

"Hello, daughter, Neteyam... Jeteyam!" mother beams and I smile.

"Nana" Jeteyam smiles then hugs me again.

"He's a bit clingy today" I explain.

"Oh my, is he feeling well, do you need me to look at him?" she goes into Tsahik mode.

"No, he's fine mom, we do need to show you something though" I smile.

"What is it my dear?" father says.

I pass them the photo and they look confused.

"Why are you showing us a photo from when you were expecting Jeteyam?" mother asks confused.

"Thats not Jeteyam" Neteyam smiles.

They both clock on and smile widely.

"Oh eywa!" mother gasps and father smiles.

"How far?" they ask.

"A month and half" I smile.

"My dear daughter" mother smiles and hugs me and father joins in.

Then they hug Neteyam and congratulate us. We stay and chat for a little while then we get news through our neck pieces that Jake and Neytiri have arrived. We say bye and head over to them.

We get to their hut they use when they visit and greet them. After a bit of small talk about the journey and how things are going back at the forest I pass the photo to Neteyam.

He smiles and says "we have some news" and passes them the photo.

They both realise instantly.

"Is this?... baby number two?" Neytiri asks.

We nod and smile and they beam and hug us both.

They congratulate us and we talk all things babies for a while. Jeteyam finally comes off me and plays with Tuk for a while.

After a while we go and find Lo'ak and Aonung and tell them the news and they're happy too. They joke about who is going to be the best uncle and list ways they are Jeteyams favourite uncle. Me and Neteyam laugh at them. After a while we head back to the hut and put Jeteyam to bed.

He wouldn't go in his basket, he kept crying so he's ended up sleeping between me and Neteyam.

I stroke his face a she sleeps and look at Neteyam "Do you think he will be okay?"

"Yes, you heard Norm my love, it is normal" he smiles and places a hand to my cheek.

"I know, I heard children can sense the baby and can sometimes have this effect" I say looking down at Jeteyam.

"Why don't we take him to make his bow at the home tree tomorrow? Keep him distracted" Neteyam suggests and I smile.

"Sounds perfect" I say and kiss him.

We both get comfy and we fall asleep for the night.