Chapter 71

"I'm pregnant Neteyam" I say.

Silence.

He stares at the picture for a while.

"Are you serious?" he asks looking up at me with wide eyes.

I nod and look down. He's not happy.

"We're going to be parents?" he says.

I look up at him and he is staring back at me.

I nod again and a smile slowly grows on his face and he pulls me in for a hug. Thank eywa!

"Is this what's been wrong with you?" he asks me.

"I was worried you wouldn't be happy" I say back.

"How could I not be happy, we're having a baby y/n!" he smiles and pulls me closer.

"I'm so happy you don't understand!" he adds on.

"I'm glad" I smile.

"You should have told me, I don't want you to ever feel like you can't talk to me" he says looking into my eyes.

"I was just scared, we never spoke about children so I was worried you wouldn't be happy" I say.

"I was worried you regretted us" Neteyam says.

"Never!" I say and lean up to kiss him.

He deepens the kiss and places his hand to my cheek. I wrap my arm round his neck and play with his braids. He pulls away and places a hand to my belly.

"We're having a baby!" he smiles.

"We are" I smile back and pick the photo up from the floor.

We lay next to each other and stare at the photo together. I look up and Neteyam has a constant smile on his face.

"This doesnt feel real" he says.

"I know" I reply.

"How long have you known?" he asks me.

I hesitate then say "3 weeks"

"3 weeks?" he repeats after me.

I nod.

"How did you find out?" he asks me.

"When Norm came to do my check up he told me" I say.

"Does anyone else know?" he asks.

"No, no-one" I say.

"I hate that you was dealing with this alone for three weeks" Neteyam says holding my hand.

"It's fine, I'm just glad you know now" I say smiling.

He smiles back.

"When Norm found out he told me I was a week pregnant so i'm four weeks gone, I think it happened when you planned that beach date or our first night in the hut" I say.

"It's crazy" he says.

"I don't want anyone else to know yet though, i'm worried what our parents will think, just you and me" I look at him.

"Whatever you want" he says and kisses me.

We lay down and fall to sleep watching the stars.

*Next day*

I flutter my eyes open and look at the hut round me. Neteyam starts to shift besides me and smiles as he opens his eyes and sees me.

"Morning" he smiles and kisses me.

"Morning" he says again and holds my belly making me giggle.

"What shall we get up to today?" he asks me.

"I don't know, riding?" I suggest.

"Don't you think we've done enough of that?" he laughs looking at my belly.

"Oh my eywa! Neteyam!" I laugh and nudge him.

"Never" I add on giggling.

We get up and sort ourselves out before heading to the beach for a morning stroll.

We're walking hand in hand and then Lo'ak appears through the trees "Neteyam".

"Oh hi erm, I wasn't expecting to see you y/n sorry" he says when he realises i'm there.

"It's fine Lo'ak" I smile.

He looks confused.

"What you need little brother" Neteyam asks.

"Oh yeah, we're doing another training session today if you wanna come" he asks Neteyam.

"Sure, y/n?" Neteyam asks me.

"Yeah i'm down" I say and we walk to the huts to get our bows etc and walk to the training ground together.

"So is everything good now?" Lo'ak asks while we walk.

"Yeah all is fine" Neteyam smiles.

"And us?" Lo'ak asks me.

"Was never anything wrong" I smile.

He looks at me confused again but smiles anyway at the fact we are fine.

We get to the area and everyone looks shocked to see me but smiles.

We all set up and Jake says "Shall we start with bows?"

We all pick up our bows and aim at the dummies. We do a couple rounds and I hit perfect every time. Spider hits the dummies each time too.

"Spider you've improved" Jake says.

"Yeah I had help" he says and darts his eyes to me before looking elsewhere.

"Lets move onto combat now" Jake says.

We all start moving into pairs and Neteyam grabs my arm pulling me back and says "Should you be doing this?"

"I'm fine Neteyam" I say and pull my arm away from him.

I pair up with Lo'ak and he says "I've been practising"

"I'll still win" I smile at him.

"Bet" he smiles back and we get in position.

"GO" Spider shouts and we all start fighting.

Lo'ak jumps at me and I dodge him sending him flying. He gets up and steadies himself. I turn round and use my tail to slap him leg sending him back down. Neteyam watches and Aonung knocks Neteyam over. Me and Aonung look at each other and laugh at the fact we both got them down. Then Lo'ak kicks the back of my leg from the floor knocking me over too.

Neteyam gets up and runs over to me and kneels next to me.

"Are you okay? Is everything okay?" he stresses.

"Neteyam stop making it a big deal" I say frowning and with gritted teeth then look round at everyone watching.

I get up and dust myself off.

Neteyam gets up and side eyes Lo'ak.

"I think thats enough for today" father says and we all start packing up our stuff to leave.

Neteyam comes up next to me as we walk back and says "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you, I was just worried"

Then whispers "I've never done this before"

"Neither have I but I know i'm not incapable of doing things" I say.

"I get it, sorry" he says and pulls me in for a hug.

"I'm going to chill at home for the rest of the day" I say and leave for the hut.

I spend the afternoon chilling in the hut cleaning, thinking and styling my hair. kiri and Tsireya come over for a while helping then leave when it gets dark.

I lay down and wait for Neteyam to get back then we go to sleep.