Chapter 77

*Neteyam POV*

After about fifteen minutes we hear the helicopter coming.

It lands a little bit further down the beach and Norm jumps out and grabs his stuff with father and runs over to us.

Everyone moves out the way but me, I continue to support her head on my knees and hold her hand.

Norm gets over to us and kneels down beside us and places his equipment down. He starts sticking different wires and equipment to y/n and seems like he is panicking. He grabs Lo'ak by the arms and places loads of bandages in his hands then places Lo'aks's hands on her wound to keep pressure on it. Norm pulls over a machine and places it above y/n's body then tells Lo'ak to move his hands a second. The machine flashes then Lo'ak returns his hands to the wound. Norm examines the machine and says "It missed all her organs which is good, looks like the baby is untouched too."

"Okay so now what?" I ask panicking.

"We stop the bleeding, she's lost too much blood so may need more" Norm says.

I stick my arm out and say "Take mine please, save her!"

"Neteyam, your blood is not compatible, you are half sky person" Norm says regretfully.

I look down and panic.

"I'll do it" Aonung steps forward right away and sits by us.

"Me too" Tsireya adds and sits down too.

Norm nods and starts getting what he needs. He draws the blood from Aonung and Tsireya's arms then says "We need to get her somewhere private."

"Our hut" I say and start to shuffle to pick her up, Norm helps me do it without damaging or removing the wires and Aonung, Norm and father carry the machines connected to her while Lo'ak continues to apply pressure to the wound.

We get her to the hut and lay her down.

"Okay I need all the space I can get" Norm says asking us to leave.

Everyone gets up to leave but me.

"Not you Lo'ak I need your help please" Norm says.

Lo'ak comes back and holds the wound again.

"Neteyam, I need you to wait outside" Norm says.

I look at him confused and then look at Lo'ak.

"Lo'ak is going to help me with the wound, this is not something you should see" Norm says.

"I want to stay with her" I plead.

"Neteyam, i've got this" Norm says.

Father grabs my arms and pulls me up and I reluctantly leave but before I exit I say to Lo'ak "Hold her hand Lo'ak, be with her, please"

Lo'ak nods and we leave. Everyone is waiting outside and we join them. Now its a waiting game. I sit on the wooden panels outside the hut and worry. Mother comes over and hugs me.

*Lo'ak POV*

"Okay Lo'ak are you ready for this?" Norm says.

"Erm I don't know" I worry.

"The reason I asked you and not Neteyam is because you love her too like a sister, so your mind will be more clear than anyone else out there, you are a strong na'vi Lo'ak" Norm explains.

"Okay" I straighten myself and prepare.

Norm gets what he needs and attaches a bag of blood to y/n. He grabs a silver thing and moves my hands from the wound and uses it to open up the sound more.

"I need you to hold this still for me please" he asks and I use a hand to keep it steady then use my other to hold y/n's hand.

Norm grabs a needle with thin string and pinchy tools then starts to mess with the wound. Every so often he needs to use the bandages to clear the area of blood.

"Come on y/n, you got this" I whisper to myself.

Norm continues to weave the needle and string in the wound and after a very long time he removes the silver thing I was holding and starts to close the wound up shut. He does the final weave of string then ties it.

"We've done everything we can" he explains.

I nod and hold y/n's other hand.

"You did good Lo'ak" he says and starts messing with the equitptment again. He puts this jelly stuff on her belly and then a machine tool. A screen comes up with weird black and white smudges.

"Baby looks good still" Norm mutters.

"That's the baby?" I ask confused.

Norm moves the tool and then pauses his movement and points at a small shape on the screen.

"This is your niece or nephew" he says.

"Wow cool" I say in awe.

The picture comes out the screen and he starts to disconnect some of the wires etc except a few to monitor her.

"I'm going to update everyone" he says and I nod and stay with y/n.

*Neteyam POV*

Its been hours and I feel completely helpless. No one or nothing can comfort me until I know she is okay.

Norm appears at the hut entrance and I shoot up to a standing as well as the others.

"She is stable, there was a lot of tissue damage so i've had to sew her up and stop the bleeding, it has stopped now and she is patched up, it's just a matter of time now and she needs to fight to come back" he explains.

"Neteyam the baby is fine, her is another photo" he says and gives me the updated photo.

How does one photo fill you up with so much love? Why do they seem bigger? It's not been that long since the last scan. Pregnancy is crazy. Then I remember why i'm being given the photo and feel empty again.

"Can I?" mother asks me and I pass her the photo.

She gasps and covers her mouth proudly as she looks at her grandchild on the picture. Father, then Aonung, then Tsireya, then Ronal and Tonowari take it in turn to look and are all happy.

"Can I see her?" I ask.

"Of course" Norm says and I leave everyone to awe at the photo while y/n lies here unconscious.

I walk in and see Lo'ak holding onto her.

"Thank you brother" I say and sit beside her.

He smiles and lets go of one of her hands. I hold it and stroke her hair.

"Please fight y/n, come back to me, Oel ngati kameie, I Love you" I say and hug her.