Chapter 88

Neteyam looks at me with watery eyes and says "We've got a Jeteyam"

A boy. Oh my eywa.

He shuffles over to me and I sit up and he passes me our baby boy.

"Jeteyam" I smile and look at the beautiful baby in my arms.

"You are so loved baby boy" I smile and place a gentle kiss on his head.

"You did it, i'm so proud of you" Neteyam smiles and kisses me.

"I love you" I smile at Neteyam.

Mother brings over the bowl of water and we wash Jeteyam clean and wrap him in the beautiful yellow seaweed blanket Tsireya got him. I stare at him in awe wrapped in his little yellow blanket. His skin tone is a mix of blue and light green, like a teal colour, the perfect mix. He has a little bit of black hair and then he opens his eyes and they are a beautiful shade of yellow, just like Neteyams.

"He has your eyes" I smile happily.

"He has your beauty" Neteyam smiles back and pecks me.

Neteyam takes him while mother heals my sore area. I hiss slightly in pain and Neteyam uses a free hand to hold mine. I smile at him and he smiles back then looks at our baby. Mother finished then Norm checks me over and says i'm doing well.

Jeteyam falls asleep in Neteyams arms so Neteyam gently places him in the basket I was found in and he sleeps peacefully. Neteyam helps me up and I slowly walk round the hut trying to adjust to the weird empty feeling. The best thing I can do is get on my feet to recover.

Mother and Norm congratulate us and before they leave I ask them not to tell anyone about Jeteyam yet. They nod and leave.

Me and Neteyam sit each side of the basket staring in awe at our baby laying there in front of us.

Jeteyam wakes up and lets out a small cry. I pick him up from the basket and feed him and he latches perfectly onto me.

"I could get used to this" Neteyam jokes at the sight and I laugh and nudge him.

"Skxawnd" I say.

After he feeds he unlatches and snuggles into my arms. I smile at Neteyam and he's already beaming at me.

"Ready to meet your family baby boy?" I coo at him and he looks at me wide eyed.

Neteyam grabs my free hand and I hold Jeteyam with the other arm. We walk towards the hut entrance and everyone is waiting on the beach impatiently. Tsireya spots us and says "Guys they're here!" and they all race over to us.

"Well?" Lo'ak says.

"A boy, Jeteyam" Neteyam says proudly.

"Oh my eywa!" Tsireya gasps and gets closer to have a look.

"He is beautiful!" she says in awe at his mixed appearance.

"Let me see!" Tuk whines and pushes her way to the front.

"Wow, he's so tiny" she says.

Jake, Neytiri, mother and father approach from the other hut and smile widely at the sight of us. Neytiri comes first and says "May I?" I nod and pass her the precious baby.

"A boy" she smiles "He's beautiful"

"Jeteyam" I smile back.

"Jeteyam?" she repeats.

"Jake and Neteyam" Neteyam smiles then looks at his father who's eyes have welled up. Jake hugs us and smiles. He takes Jeteyam from Neytiri and smiles at his grandson proudly.

Father and mother take turns holding him too then the whole friend group has a hold.

"He has 4 fingers" Aonung notices.

"Yeah, I guess he didn't get the sky person finger gene" I giggle.

After everyone has had a cuddle I take Jeteyam back and he falls asleep peacefully in my arms. Neteyam smiles and gets the basket from inside so I can place him in. The group sit round the basket staring in awe.

"His skin is so cool!" Lo'ak points out.

"One of a kind" I smile.

"Look at his little lips, he's definitely got your lips" Kiri smiles and I smile back.

"Lets hope he don't have your mouth" Aonung jokes and I gasp and shove him jokingly.

The other join in laughing and we sit on the beach for a while watching the water peacefully.

"I cant wait to take him riding" Aonung says.

"A little baby ilu! How cute" Tsireya squeals.

"We should head back, he will be awake soon" I suggest and Neteyam agrees and we say bye before carrying the basket carrying our baby back to the hut for the night. We place him down next to the rug we sleep on and lay down ourselves.

"Is this real?" Neteyam says in awe.

"I can't believe he is ours" I say looking into the basket at the sleeping baby.

"I'm so happy I left the forest that day, I came here, I met you, I fell in love and now look where we are" Neteyam smiles at me and places a hand to my cheek.

"Everything happens for a reason" I smile and look into Neteyams eyes.

He stares and smiles back then leans in and kisses me. I kiss him back and our lips move in sync like they're made for each other. His hand slightly moves back from my cheek to in my hair and I do the same. We pull away and he smiles " I love you y/n Sully."

"I love you Neteyam Sully" I smile back then Jeteyam starts to stir awake and grumble.

"Heres to many sleepless nights together" I joke and grab Jeteyam from the basket.

"I could live with that" Neteyam jokes inappropriately making me giggle.

Jeteyam latches onto me and feeds while Neteyam sorts out the hut from the hectic day we had.

"I promise to love and protect you for as long as I live" I whisper to Jeteyam as he looks into my eyes.

He unlatches and smiles slightly and I grab Neteyams attention and get him to look at the smiling baby. Neteyam smiles in awe and we spend the night up and down with Jeteyam but we wouldn't change it for the world. We eventually go to sleep cuddled up for a while.