Chapter 10

"You're going be okay y/n, we will get you home."

The last thing I heard.

I slowly open my eyes to reveal the roof of our family hut. I scan the room and I am alone. I try to sit up and I cry in pain. 'What is going on?' I think to myself. I look down to see bandages round my stomach and various sky people objects round me. I use the support beam of the hut to pull myself up to a standing. I slowly drag myself to the entrance of the hut. The brightness burns my eyes as I adjust them to the light outside. 

I look around but I see no one. Where can they all be? I slowly shuffle out of the hut and make my way to the bridge. I turn the beach corner to find everyone on the bridge singing a prayer song. A prayer song for me to eywa. I start to shuffle towards the group but I become weak and fall midway. 

I hear a few gasps then feel myself get picked up bridal style. I look up to see Neteyam. He looks worried and runs with me in his arms back to my hut. He places me back down and sits next to me as the room fills with familiar faces. Mother, father, Lo'ak, Kiri, Tuk, Tsireya, Aonung, Jake and Neytiri. They all talk at once and I groan at the noise level. They all stop and Neteyam starts "Y/n are you okay? How are you feeling?"

"What happened?" I asked confused. 

They all look at each other and Lo'ak sits the other side of me. "You were missing for ages y/n, no one could find you, where were you?"

"I...I..I don't remember" is all I can reply. 

"I think we should leave y/n to get some rest now" says Neytiri. 

Everyone starts to leave the room but Neteyam and Lo'ak stay by your side. "Boys, come on now." Jake orders. They both hesitantly get up and leave. 

Tsireya comes to my side and sits down, she starts to cry and hugs me. "I thought we lost you y/n!" 

I hug her back and say "I'm here. Im not going anywhere."

Tsireya told me they found me out in the ocean on a rock somewhere. I had been shot and they bought me back to mother. Mother used her healing power to help me with my recovery. Jake Sully called the sky people to come and help me. They had to take the bullet out and luckily it didn't damage anything in my body. Now I just need to recover.

*Few days later* 

I finally feel strong enough to get back to day to day life. I've slowly done more and more progress everyday and I feel good now, not seeing anyone the last few days has killed me. I left the hut this morning and the pain is at a 3 right now. So much better than my 9 level pain a few days ago. I start to walk to the beach and smile at the sight of all my friends in the water. I come into sight and they all swim over excitedly. Neteyam runs over first and grabs me by the waist and spins me round. He puts me down and turns a light shade of pink while looking down at the beige sand. I do the same. Everyone else gets to me and we have a big group hug. 

I call for my ilu and she comes faster than ive ever seen her before, she licks me and snuggles next to me. "I guess you've missed me ehh girl" while hugging her back. I connect us and she slowly drifts on the surface on the water. The others follow. Lo'ak comes next to me with a strange look on his face. "How are you feeling now y/n?" I smile and reply "Much better, just wish I could remember what happened."

That's the only part that is bothering me at the minute. I can't remember anything from that day. 

After a full day of making up for lost time with my friends we all head to the huts to get ready for tonight beach gathering. We haven't had once since that first week the Sully's arrived. 

Me, Tsireya and Kiri help each other get ready. "So I have a question y/n.." Tsireya says while finishing putting cream in my hair. "And what is that?" I reply. 

"Whats up with you and the boys?" she asks. "What do you mean?" I ask confused. 

"Well..." she starts but gets cut off as Aonung turns up asking when we are coming. "We're coming now" I reply and we all stand. We leave the hut and I look at myself in the reflection of the water as we walk to the main part of the beach. The bandage round my stomach makes me feel sick to my stomach. I stop walking and the girls look at me. "Whats wrong?" they ask. 

"I shouldn't be covering myself up. I should show my scars proudly" I say as I slowly unwrap the bandage from my stomach. I had healed nicely. "Now im ready!" I grin and continue walking. 

We make it to the Beach and everyone looks at me. I smile and keep on walking. One thing I have gained from this whole experience is to not take my life for granted. Hence why I have come to the beach meet up. I walk to the drink station and Aonung is standing there, he pours me a drink and gives me a hug. "I missed you so much y/n!" 

"Missed you too" I reply. 

"Hey, cool battle scar mighty warrior" I hear behind me.

I turn round to a smiley Neteyam. "Thanks" I smiled back.

It was a long night of drinking, dancing, laughing and memories made. 

I tell Tsireya i'm feeling a bit tired now and am heading back home. She replies with an okay and hugs me before i go. I wave to everyone and start making my way back. 

On the way back I walk past a part of the beach and I get a sudden feeling of dejavu. The memories flood back into my head.  

Me asking Lo'ak why he protected Aonung after what he had done, him telling me no one sees him other than for an alien, outcast and then I told Lo'ak I see him. We hugged... He kissed me! I remember it all. Neteyam came and got so angry. He tried to kiss me the night before! They both wanted to talk to me and I got overwhelmed and left on my ilu. Thats all I remember. 

'Maybe if I retrace my steps tomorrow I will remember what happened to me.' I thought to myself. I headed back home and went to sleep.