The kingsroad ✅

After Brans accident I rarely left his side. I laid beside him cradling his head, brushing his hair, reading and singing to him. I wished for him to wake up, to smile at me with his sweet face and to ask me why I was crying but he wouldn't. He stayed asleep, wrapped up in his furs with his dire wolf pup.

Sometimes people came to visit. Mother mostly, sometimes Jon when mother wasn't there. My father came too but he never stayed for long. I think it hurts him to see his sweet son in such a state. King Robert came once, didn't say much but apologized.

Then joffery, he didn't seem to mean much of what he said but mother was respectful none the less. Soon after he came mother insisted I leave to eat. I protested but it did no good. I went down to the hall and sat.

The imp came over from the other side of the table and sat right next to me. He pushed a plate of bread towards me and Reluctantly I reached for it.

"I hear your brother very well might wake up soon." He said in low tone, as if he spoke to loud I would break.

"Yes, unfortunately i believe when he does I will be in the red keep."

He sighed and sat in silence for a moment. "I'm aware that you have very little want to be in our company, mine in the least but I do hope that your brother recovers."

He gently patted my hand after he spoke, I thought Tyrion would be a horrible, grotesque man but he was the opposite. His kindness brought tears to my eyes as he spoke.

"please excuse me my lord I need a moment."

"Please, tyrion." He stood from his spot and walked away. As his footsteps receded the not in my throat ached. I felt my tears stream down my cheek as I buried my face in my hands.

"Get yourself together." I whispered to myself as I tried to calm my beating heart and dry my cheeks.

I nodded as I stood and walked out of the dining hall. Soon, I noticed the men staring at me and the women whispering and I wondered if I truly looked so horrible from crying and lack of sleep only to realize I was still in a night gown and robe.

A heat spread across my face as I quickened my pace back to my room. But as I turned a corner I ran into a man, straight into his silver chest then fell.

I groaned and propped myself up on my elbows while rubbing my head.

"Pardon me ser, I suppose I should be more careful."

I felt a pair of strong hands reach up under my arms and help me up. Only then did I see the man's face.

"Oh, its you sandor. My apologies."

He looked at me strange but after a moment let his arms slide off of me then push past me. I watched him walk away without a response.

"How rude." I mumbled but continued on to my room to finish packing as well as change my clothes.

-

men began to load all of our things into wagons as the horses were settled. I took the chance to go say goodbye to bran. quickly, i ran up to his room and pushed open the door. kneeling by his bed i felt the white hot tears prick at my eyes and my throat began to hurt.

"I love you bran, and as soon as I get word that you've woken ill come back. I won't be gone long after, just a few weeks maybe. I swear to you bran that I will come home. But while I'm gone you'll have to take care of detri. I know that looking after two dire wolves is no easy task but if anyone could do it,, its you. Just wake up soon for me, would you?"

I pressed a quick kiss to his forehead and took one last look at him. It felt as if I'd never see his sweet face again and hoped it would not be true. I returned hastily back to the horses and was saddled onto mine.

-

After a 8 days ride we arrived at a small town. I gladly dismounted and nearly fell from my horse but was caught. A kings guard was my savior.

"You should be careful my lady, wouldn't want you to get a scratch in that pretty face." A wicked grin spreading across his face as he spoke.

"Thank you ser, I believe I'm fine to walk now though so if you will, please set me down."

His grin spread as his hand slid up my hip, "now now thats not a true 'thank you'. Why don't you come with me and show me what northern girls are known for."

My heart beat hard inside my chest, so hard I feared it might jump right out. I looked around but only kings men were around.

"I don't understand"

His hands slid closer to my breast as his wicked grin grew larger.

"Dont worry sweetheart, ill teach you."

I smiled, a fake smile. A scared smile. My heart beating faster every moment his hands remained in me.

"Let me go, now." I said. Trying my best to sound scary .

"Or what sweet wolf?"

"I'll scream for the king...just imagine what he would do to a man who would dare touch his "sweet lyanna"."

He got an annoyed look in his eyes as he roughly set me down. I got As far away from the kings men as I could as fast as I could manage.

Finally I found sansa but in a peculiar company. One of the hound and joffery. Truly I hated that boy. Something within him was wrong, so wrong I wouldn't trust him, not ever.

I stood and watched until the hound was dismissed. He walked over towards me, only making brief eye contact. He walked right past and I followed.

"Hello sandor, I trust the journey hasn't been to rough for you?"

A grunt.

"Ah so we are getting somewhere, a grunt is better then silence. Don't you think?"

He didn't answer, just kept walking.

"Ser I've never once met a man who wouldn't talk to me. Sometimes even against my wishes but I suppose I should just get to the point. I want you to teach my how to fight. I don't trust the kings men, don't really trust you either but I suppose you have made it clear you have no interest in me."

He peaked down at me but never answered, just kept walking out of the town right into the forest.

"Well don't ignore me. Tell me if you'll do it."

He finally came to a stop and looked down at me. For a while we just stared at each other like a few nights before.

"I saw you with that gaurd earlier, you can handle them."

I sighed, getting quickly annoyed.

"Words can only do so much. I'm not big nor ugly. I've no hives or bumps or ailments to deter them. One day I'll be alone and they will come. When it happens I want to protect myself and my sisters."

He stared down at me once again, Slightly leaning down. He was so close i could finally see his eyes. Such beauty was hidden behind his helmet and hair. I dismissed these thoughts in a hurry as we stared at each other for what seemed like an eternity before he spoke.

"Make someone else do it, girl."

He began to try to walk away but I grabbed his arm and tried to pull him back. It did little to stop him as he just dragged me along. I kicked out his leg and he groaned as he toppled over, me ontop of him. I shoved my knee into his chest and grabbed his chin to make him look at me.

"Ah girl what are you doing!" He shouted, grabbing at my dress.

"Dont call me girl, my name is lyanna. lady lyanna of house stark, second of my name and heir to winterfell and you will not walk away from me when I speak to you. I've asked you to help me and you are in no place to refuse. You will teach me how to fight. Come find me later tonight after the rest have slept and we will begin."

Quickly I stood before he could object. My heart was racing harder then it had in a long time. I soon reached town again but now with a huge smile and found arya and a towns boy and joined them.

"What is wrong with your dress?" Arya asked, in an amused tone.

I looked down to find it pulled very low and quickly pulled it up.

"It must've fallen when that gaurd was holding me."