A Gift✅

This past week had been filled with wedding preparations, dress fittings and many, many meetings with cersei and the maester to make sure I was healthy. Every night I'd fallen asleep crying in sansas arms. Still today was the day for my last bit of freedom to be stripped. Id sat in my bed, crying since I woke up, thinking of what he might do to me that very same night.

A knock from my door made me wipe my tears and call the visitor in. Cersei herself came waltzing into my room, a blue velvet box in hand.

"Oh, now why are you crying child?"

I turned from her, trying to hide my puffy, red eyes from her gaze. She sat gently at the side of my bed and began twisting my hair around her fingers gently, making me shudder at her touch.

"I know marrying someone you don't know well can be...trying but no need for tears. I've brought you a gift."

She set the box on my lap and stood, bidding her farewells before walking away. My shaky hands brushed off the spots she touched me before reached for the box and opening it. A large silver ring sat inside the velvet fold, The head of a wolf on the top.

My fingers ran across the ring until I felt a peculiar sensation, turning the ring upside down I finally saw it. A chain was ingraved on the inside of my wedding band.

Now I had no more room for sadness, merely anger and shame. Did she think me some foolish dog about to be chained by a man?!

Quickly I dressed myself and walked down to the iron workers. I walked down what felt like 100 flights of stairs before pushing open the door to be met with a hell like heat from inside.

"Excuse me." I called, getting the attention of a burley man who was swinging a hammer down upon a sword

"The queen wants it melted down." I said, offering him the ring.

At this he quickly walked over, placing it into the appropriate tray to melt.

"What does she want it turned into?" He called over the now roaring flames.

"She just wants it melted then cooled for me to bring it back."

Though he gave me a look of disbelief he did as i asked and soon it had been done and I had a new nugget of silver.

I walked back up the ungodly amount of stairs and over to cerseis office. This whole ordeal took an hour at most and I knew I'd find her there. Banging on the door I shifted my feet under me until she called for my entrance.

"Ah lyanna, what is it I can do for you?"
She asked, a fake smile plastered across her face.

Placing the nugget on her great, wood desk I smiled.

"I don't need a ring for marriage, I took the liberty of melting down this one so you wouldn't have to look at that God awful wolf. You're welcome."

She grabbed the nugget, inspecting it with a now quite annoyed expression.

"You melted my gift to you?" She scoffed

Nodding I walked around her desk till I was right infront of her chair. I leaned down, placing my hands on her arm rests. Our faces were so close I could smell the spices she bathed in. I forced my face into a stone cold expression before speaking.

"You may have my father in chains, but you will not put me in them." I said in a low tone. "please, have a wonderful day my lady."

As I turned to leave I could feel the fear start to take over as my hands shook. Still I kept walking, walking back to my room, Walking back to safety.