Sleep

I plopped tiredly onto the stool with the crew as they laugh garishly.

"Ah, red shadow. You have no master I see." Keegan jested, pushing his ale towards me.

"Aye, no master." I mumbled inspecting the cup.

Father was never very keen on me drinking more that a half cup with dinner. Though this I gulped down as much as I could bear.

"And where have you spent this night at?" He chuckled, watching me take another swig.

"Being attacked in an alley." I grumbled

"Ah, did you give them their doom?"

"No, t'was Jeremiah, he struck them down from behind to save me." I grumbled, rubbing my eyes to clear my mind of those memories.

"I think I've had enough of this for tonight. iyi geceler Keegan." (Goodnight)

"Aye iyi geceler." He waved, turning his attention back to the man across from him.

My feet carried me back up the short, creaky stairs and up to the room id left only a few minutes before. I shouldered open the door just to bump into Peter.

"Oh excuse me." I mumbled, my half lidded eyes looking past him to the bed only a few feet away.

After pushing past him i plopped onto the edge of the small bed, kicking off the ever thinning shoes id brought with me on this journey before laying down. I licked my thumb and first finger before smothering the dim light of the candle next to me.

A few minutes passed before the door creaked open, making my eyes open just enough to see the figure standing at the door way.

Qaurens broad figure was always recognizable as he tried to tip toe into the room. The bed dipped deeply as he gently sat on the edge and unlaced his own boots.

"Stand." I whispered making him jump slightly before doing so.

I untucked the thin blanket from the even thinner bed roll that sat on the ever creaky bed frame and held it up for him. A slight chuckle emerged from his ever tiring body before be crawled under. He never slept without a blanket, even on the hottest of nights.

His breathe tickled across my cheeks making a secret tint flush across my face before I turned to face the other way, our bodies close as close could be.

"Are you not cold?" He tried to whisper.

"I like it." I mumbled, shifting slightly trying to find a sweet spot.

He let some time pass before trying to speak again. An apology this time but I swiftly silenced him.

"Now is not the time for apologies, it is the time for sleep." I mumbled, sighing deeply before letting myself fall into the ever knawing feeling of sleep.