The Two Lost

The waves softly patting against the sides of the ship usually brought me ease but on this night it found its way into my nightmare. The waves engulfing qauren only for me to see him open his eyes and scream out for help, my help. With this I shot from my bed, hitting my forehead on the boards that held my old bed above qaurens.

A loud groan erupted from me when I laid back down with a huff.

"I see you've finally decided to wake." I whispered to no one, maybe hoping qauren could hear. A brief chuckle echoed through the room before I looked out the window by my desk. The sun had only begun shining causing me to let out another groan. I was incredibly anxious to find out who had dragged me across the sea and why.

I tried to go back to sleep but just tossed and turned for a few hours before giving up on the idea of sleep. With an annoyed sigh I slipped out of bed.

Instead I lit my lantern and decided on looking through the three chests in the room, two being qaurens.

I first looked through my own, rummaging through the three dresses and stocking and under garments sandor had packed for me. Though I appreciated the clothes, he had packed my favorite dresses, northern dresses. The thick layers in abundance would over heat me in the dreadful heat of this place.

Then the glimmer of alicents pendant buried under the dresses caught my eye. I avoided the gorgeous gold with severity until now. How I'd wish for her to be her with me. She would have loved Peter, I know it. Though deep inside I know she is safest in here, dangling from my neck.

I looked away for a moment with tears in my eyes before Setting it gently on the ground to continue my search.

Next was qaurens larger chests, he had clothes for days that man. I dug through the haphazardly thrown in before Once again pulling out the little red case that held all his jewelry, inspecting every shiny peice inside. I wanted to take him with me, part of him atleast. I let my hands run over ring after ring till I decided on a crastly made ring in the shape of a bird, a red stone nestled in the middle.

I looked at it, seeing the sail that hung above deck, its gorgeous dark blue fabric flapping in the wind. Qauren was this ship and I was truly petrified to leave the safety it provided.

Still I pulled alicents pendant from the ground and slipped the ring down to hang along side her.

Eventually I decided on just wearing the clothes qauren had bought me. Maybe the man id be meeting would think I'm dangerous? It didn't matter much as I pulled on my trousers, tucked my shirt in and laced up the vest I wore under my coat. It seemed mundane and urgent as I laced up the leather straps and brushed my hair.

A knock came from behind me as the door creeked open to reveal Peter coming to wake me.

"Oh you're up?" He jested pushing the door fully open and looking at the cluttered floor.
"Looking for something?"

I shook my head before turning to face him and tossing my brush into my own chest.

"I didn't know if I'm supposed to wear a dress but I don't think I'd make it off the dock in one." I chuckled before bending down to pick up alicents pendant, the ring plinking against her as I closed the clap behind my head and let them hang.

"I see you've taken a souvenir." He said, pointing towards qaurens ring.

"Aye, don't want to forget him."

"Dont worry, that boy was unforgettable." He chuckled, scratching his head before starting to pack away qaurens things.

"Are you scared?" I asked hesitantly, not turning to face him as I stared at the dock out my window.

"No, not scared. I know it will be alright." He nodded as if trying to convince himself. "Now let's go, we've been waiting for ages for your slow ass to join us."

I nodded, giving a loud "ha" as I pulled on my distressed shoes and grabbed my coat, swinging it on as we walked up the short stairs and above deck.