The Wedding

Sansa and another hand maiden had come to help me do my hair for my wedding at sunset. Sansa went on and on about how gorgeous I will look. She always had a way of making dreary circumstances bright and  happy.

"Leave us." I commanded, the handmaid on my right quickly took her leave.

"Sansa, I want you to walk me down the aisle. You're my only family left unchained in the retched city." I announced, my disdain Clear as water after a moment of silence.

She walked to my side and crouched down.

"Father isn't going to be there?" Her eyes shone a new sadness I wished to never see again.

"No, I spoke to cersei about it and she said he won't be let out of his cell. Not even for his daughters wedding." I scoffed, looking down at my hands for a moment before looking back at the mirror.

She nodded before silently going back to the intricate braid in my hair. After a good while of silence, a knock brought us both from our own minds.

"Come in." She called, not taking her eyes off mine in the mirror.

Joffery came in, carrying a bundle of fabric.

"I've brought you your wedding dress. Mother had it specially made. Sansa, come. Let's leave her to get dressed. A gaurd will escort you to...your wedding." His voice hinted at something horrid but I tried not to think on it.

Sansa placed a kiss on my head before turning and leaving with him. I just stared at myself like I'd been doing for an hour now. I let a sigh escape me before standing and trudging over to the dress to unroll it.

A long, wrap dress with bell sleeves. Nothing like how I'd imagined my future wedding dress. In one last act of defiance I turned from it and rummaged through my chest. my eyes landed on the same purple wrap dress I wore the day he brought me to our tree. After tying the final bow on the side a male voice called out.

"Lady lyanna, its time." A man shouted from outside the door.

The nerves in my stomach tightened at his words and with each step towards the door I felt my heart crack. A tall, blonde gaurd stood outside my door and offered his hand to mine which I quickly refused.

"Where are we going?" I asked in passing as we walked down flight after flight of stairs.

"You'll see." He sighed, almost sounding upset.

Soon we approached a heavy wooden door and he pushed it open for me. As I walked in I saw it. The dank, dark dungeon, candles lit all around as Sansa, joffery, cersei, sandor and a priest stood infront of my fathers cage.

There would be no aisle for me to be walked down. No mother to wrap the ribbons around our hands and bind our love forever. No love to be binded. Merely a wet, dirty dungeon and my own father chained to wall. Forced to watch his eldest daughter sentenced to a short life of misery.

My father and I stared at each other for a moment. Both our eyes, widened at the sight of the other. I tried to take a step towards him but was stopped by joffery.

"No need to bother the traitor, go to your husband. Well soon to be." He smiled, almost graciously at me. Like somehow he was doing me a favor by making me wed a stranger, without my family, in a dungeon.

I walked over to sandor and the priest, taking sandors outstretched hands in mine.

"You may now cloak the bride and bring her under your protection."

Turning my back to him he took the cloak that once draped across his arm and wrapped it around my shoulders. My eyes staying locked with my father's who was now letting tears fall from his eyes. I wished so to wipe them for him, to break his chains and to run away with him and sansa but now it was to late. 

I turned back, not even making eye contact with sandor, merely staring at the floor in hopes no one would see my tearful eyes.

"Your grace, your grace, my lord, my lady, we stand here in the sight of the gods and men to witness the union of man and wife. Let it be known that lyanna of house stark and sandor of house clegane are one flesh, one heart, one soul, now and forever. Cursed be he who would seek to tear them asunder. You may say the words."

I lifted my eyes up to his as we spoke in unison, both completely stone faced. 

"Father, Smith, warrior, mother, maiden, crone, stranger. I am his and he is mine. From this day, until the end of my days." I croaked, allowing a single tear to fall from my eye before joffery began clapping and cheering.

"Now, for the bedding ceremony. I'm afraid we've only one gaurd but he will do. Carry her to their new room, strip her down. Come now! Don't be shy, not all wolves bite!" He gleefully proclaimed, bouncing about as a child.

"No." Sandors voice echoes around the dungeon before he took a step infront of me, blocking jofferys view of me.

"Excuse me? You dare defy your king?!"

"No one will touch my wife."