Taking Over

As I ran towards the sound of soldiers voices, I ducked into a dark corner, trying to disappear as some ran past me. One stopped, panting as he began searching the corner closest to my shadow. All as quick as a second I grabbed him by the face, putting my hand across his mouth roughly as he clicked against me.

I shushed him but with every wriggle he made his armor clinked. I hesitantly pulled my knife from my waist band, stabbing it into the gap between his helmet and chest plate. His warm blood poured across my hand, making me silently shiver before pulling his sword from the sheath.

The gurgling alerted the others to where I was, standing over their now dying companion.

"Halt! By order of the queen! You will come with us, now!" One cried, ripping his own sword from the sheath quickly, the others following his lead.

"No...not alive I wont." I mumbled taking small steps towards them. My palms sweating as I gripped and re-griped the handle waiting for even one of them to attack. I felt my breath slow and my eyes narrow like a wolf on the hunt.

Finally one did, swinging wildly at me. How i loved when they did that, when they lost control. Quickly I dodged his attacks, cutting him down with ease as his companions quickly followed. Not one found their blade in my skin as their blood soaked my skin and clothes.

It had been so long since a sword was in my hands. Since there was something to fill the hours of training I once had in winterfell. It was truly a gift I would never forget.

"Please, please...just let me go." A young man begged, setting his sword down with a trembling lip. I stared, like a wolf at a squirrel, as he backed away, not moving till he ran. Yet, Just as quick as his friends he was cut down with no remorse.

I refused to look behind me at the bodies sprawled out in my wake, refused count the dead. instead, stepping over the boy and walking up the short stairs. The boards creaked as I walked, letting the traitors words fill my ears as I leaned against a wall just out of sight of the people still on deck.

"He was weak, leading us down a path of saving princesses and playing dress up! He is no longer in control of this ship! I am your new captain and when this traitor comes too ill hang him myself! If anyone has a problem with this now is the time, come forth and challenge me and we will see who will win!" He cried, his voice cracking under the strain of his yelling.

I stood holding my breath, waiting for even one voice to protest but none did. Eventually I let my breath free, letting my head hang momentarily to look down at my stained shirt before pushing off the wall and out the door way.

"Aye, I've just one problem with that."