Memories ✅

The days drifted on as I found myself sitting on the side of a tall castle wall, with my feet swinging from the side. I sat as the wind blew gently through my hair, casting my small hairs across my forehead as I watched the city below. I was so lost in my own mind I didn't notice a pair of feet clink until jofferys sqeaky voice rang out behind me.

"What are you doing, sitting on the ground lady lyanna?"

I looked up with a jolt as I saw sandor and joffery staring down at me. I just stared for a moment until he gave me a questioning look.

"I like the view my prince, the people, their lives, quite beautiful from up here."

Sandor rolled his eyes as he shifted on his feet with a clink. I took notice of it and rose, my hands on my hips.

"You have something to say about it, hound?"

Joffery cracked a smile as he stayed silent, watching the exchange until it became clear sandor wouldn't answer.

"Answer the girl hound. Don't be rude."

With a great sigh he parted his lips and spoke.

"No my lady, I've got nothing to say."

"Yes I'd think not, hounds aren't smart enough to have true thoughts. You will have to excuse me my prince I've other things to do."

As those words fell from her lips she felt the twinge of shame. How could she let anger drive her off the cliff of cruelty? She was no better then joffery if she did. Sandor felt a similar feeling but not one of shame, one of disappointment. Lyanna had always been  kind to him even when he was crast and rude but he was glad in a way she had finally started to hate him.

He didn't watch as she walked away. Merely stared at the spot she was just in, remembering her shiny hair and her black dress. She was always wearing her northern clothes. The black and browns didn't suit her bright personality but He liked that unlike sansa she didn't change to fit into kings landing though she must've been hot.

The memories of her sitting across from him in the library had plagued him since that day. The way she laughed when he messed up a word horribly. Sometimes he would mess up just to hear it. He knew it was wrong, horrible even for him to want to hear her laugh or to see her sweet eyes in the light. He couldn't help but admit that she was quite gorgeous but he knew nothing but trouble would come from it.

those memories plagued him still as he walked along behind joffery. The look on her face when he told her to leave him alone stuck with him the most. Her face was usually smiling with a pinch of pink across her cheeks when she spoke. Almost like she couldn't get the words out quick enough. He had seen her countless times talking with the ladies in the castle but never had he seen the look she had on her face that day.

The pink had drained from her face and eyes had a disappointed way about them. She looked so hurt by his words that he almost wished to take them back. Perhaps to pick another book, a bigger one so they could sit back down and read about dragons or knights or anything else.  But he could do none of that.He regretted just running off, leaving her alone with such a sadness but nothing in the past could be changed.

He had become so lost in his memories that he didn't hear joffery speak to him.

"Hello? Are you ignoring me?"

"I thought i saw something,"

"That stark girl, she is quite something isn't she? Very loud, and rude. I remember when we were in that village with the fat boy, do you remember that day?"

"Yes, my lord."

"I remember how I cut her, her cry when the pain set in. She was stupid to get in my way, but I do suppose she is brave. Brave enough to stand up to you hound. You kill men 3 times as big as her, I could've ordered you to push her off the wall. Such a stupid girl but what can you expect from a wolf."

Sandor felt the annoyance bubble up inside him like usual but this time there was something more to it. Something he had felt before but he couldn't put a pin in it. Soon after he was dismissed he wandered the halls just to find lyanna and sansa. She looked so silly next to sansa even though she wasn't short, sansa still found a way to stand over her. He listened as they passed taking notice of the single rose gently cradled in lyannas hands as well as the name of a boy. He saw the rosy shade on their faces as well as the smiles. He decided he would find out who this boy was but at a later time. For now, he had other matters to attend.