Till the end

After the adrenaline of the day wore off and the sun began setting in the horizon I found my self sitting in the perch high above anything else, hoping to catch a glimpse of the dragons. I sat and sat till the only light was from lanterns scattered about the city and then some. But of course Peter called me down from the perch.

"Princess! Its time!" He yelled, cupping his hands around his mouth. I looked down before giving him a nod he surely couldn't see while climbing down the rickety rope ladder. The wind slightly whipping it around as I desended shakily.

We walked together in silence down to the dining room where the rest of the crew sat. We both stared back at the many faces that followed us as we walked to the head of the table. Though I stayed composed, not a twitch or shiver in sight I could tell they saw the nerves dripping from me.

"wek ku piraniya we jî dizanin, mîrê vî bajarî di nav artêşa wê de cihek pêşkêşî me kiriye. hevalbendiyek di navbera padîşahiya min û wê de. ger ez vê yekê qebûl bikira, tu yê bibûna beşek ji fîloya wê, artêşa wê. tu kes neçar nabe, eger hûn bixwazin hûn dikarin keştiyek din bibînin ku pê biçe. yekî naçe şer, yê ku tu rûmetê lê nabînî. lê hildibijêre ku bi min re bimîne û hûn ê. hûn ê têr bibin, perwerde bibin, hûn ê wekî ekîba min li pey min şer bikin. şeva we heye ku hûn biryar bidin ka hûn ê çi rê bigrin."

(as most of you know, the ruler of this city has offered us a place in her army. an alliance between my kingdom and hers. if I was to accept this, you would become part of her fleet, her army. no one will be forced, if you so please you may find another ship to sail on. one not going into war, one where you will find no glory. but choose to stay with me and you will. you will be fed, trained, you follow me into battle as my men. you have the night to decide what path you will take.)

I spoke, trying to sound as powerful as I could as I slowly walked around the room. Looking at every single one of their faces, looking into everyone of their souls. Though the choice was theirs I prayed for their loyalty. For all of them to stay under my watchful eye and even more so, to stay beside me.

Id grown fond of each and every one of them. Learnt their language and heard their life stories. They saved me, protected me and stood beside me in my time of need. Now, I wished to do the same for them, to stand with them till the very end.

*ugh ik I've been horrid about writing! School just started again for me but hopefully I'll be more consistent soon!*