Escape

A gentle shaking startled me from my sleep.
I went to tighten my grip around alicent but all I grabbed was air.

"Wake now child, its time to go." Tyrion whispered, taking my hand in his much smaller one.

"Where is she? Where is she!" I asked, becoming more erratic as I spoke.

"Sandor took her to the maesters...to be laid to rest. I need you to get dressed, please little one, we don't have much time." He urged gently pulling a pile of neatly folded clothes off the bed behind me and setting them in my hands before turning and walking to the other side of the room.

Though I felt the sticky blood, welding my legs and the painful throbs urge me to keep them together I forced myself up. Slowly, I peeled the stained garment from me and put on the ratty peasant clothes on.

"Where are we going?" I mumbled, slowly sliding into my comfortable black shoes.

"Put this on. Let's go, they are waiting for you." He quipped, handing me a heavy cloak and walking to door, waiting for me.

We walked as quickly as I could force myself to through the shadows till he guided me to the end of a hidden hallway.

Varys and sandor both stood expectantly, sandors hand on the hilt of his sword.

"There you are, dear mother." Varys cooed, rushing towards me to wrap his arms gently around my unsteady frame.

"What is this? Are you going to drown me in the water cause I must say its quite shallow and I can kill atleast two of you." I threatened, shifting to lean against the wall while motioning to the water and small raft a few feet away.

"No my dear, we are getting you out of kings landing. The queen regent has decided it-" varys began.

"Yes, yes, kill me and steal my child....I'm quite aware of the plan her and my dear husband here conjured up." I groaned shooting sandor a dirty look.

"No my dear." Varys snickered, giving me a knowing look. "Sandor asked us to help you sneak your way out of the city." He announced.

My eye brows furrowed as I turned back towards my husband's awkward frame, staring down at the ground.

"I can't leave. Sa-"

"Sansa will be much better off if you are not 6 ft under. Soon, Robb will meet his end and if you and him are gone, Sansa will be heir to Winterfell. They will have full control. " Sandor grumbled.

"This man will take you to a ship in the harbor who will take you far far away. I've got connections some where its warmer." Varys announced proudly before trying to guide me towards the row boat.

"Im not leaving." I announced pulling away from him only for sandor to catch my arm gently pulling me back.

"May i...talk to my wife for a moment?" Sandor mumbled, seeming smaller then ever.

"Ah of course. Good bye my sweet girl...oops I almost forgot." He pulled a scroll from his pocket and gently handed it to me. "You will meet a man who will wear a pin matching this seal. Give this to him and he will take you to safety." Varys smiled, gently placing a kiss on hand before turning tail and wiggling past tyrion.

"I bid you safe passage," Tyrion whispered, soon following suit, leaving me alone with Sandor who still held my fore arm in his grasp.

"What do you want?" I asked, gentler then I'd spoken to him in a long time.