A Little Longer

I steered the ship alone for what felt like forever as I replayed the day in my mind. The feeling of a sword in my hand brought the plague of memories, all of them of sandor and my family. My body rocked with the sobs the lept from me suddenly as the waves crashed against the side of the ship.

"Please go away." I whispered to myself, desperately trying to stop the tears.

Though I eventually stopped the tears,  the memories I could not control. They swam through my mind until finally the sound of footsteps and muffled voices approached from underneath me. About 10 of the crew came up and began at their stations, all seeming uncomfortable under my gaze.

"You!" I called, pointing at the one closest to the door "where is Keegan?"

"I uh" he stuttered, looking around at the other men confused.

"Uh ko Keegan?" (Uh Where Keegan) I tried, realizing he was one of the many crew that didn't speak my language.

"di xew de, kaptan. divê ez wî bigirim?"
(Sleeping captain, should I get him?)

I stared at him for a moment as I worked through his words slowly before shaking my head.

"naxwazin." (No want)
I called, yawning before nodding him on. I stayed on deck for another few hours, the sun peeked up over the sea long before Keegan came on deck.

"You look horrid, lass." He chuckled as he climbed up the ladder to the wheel perch.

"And you, beautiful. Have you seen qauren today?" I asked, yawning as I looked past the half risen sun into its orange reflection in the water nervously just so I didn't have to look at him.

"Aye, he has not woken." He sighed "but this doesn't mean he wont, he is a strong man." He rushed out, trying to assure me. I nodded as my shoulders slumped.

"You should rest now, you've been awake since early yesterday and you're still stained in blood. A good rest will do you well." He offered, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Not yet, I can make it a little longer." I groaned, stretching my back before turning towards him.

"But-" he tried, his eyebrows furrowing.

"No buts, I can do it." I snapped, huffing before turning my gaze back towards the horizon. It was silent for a moment as I avoided his eyes and the guilt ate at my stomach before I rolled my eyes and sighed.

"I'm sorry, ser. Just, go give the boy traitor some water, wont you?"

He chuckled, his wide toothy smile most definitely stretched back across his face before he started down the ladder.