The Hands Tourney ✅

It was finally the day of the tournament in the hands name. I had agreed to let sansa pick out a dress for me and do my hair. She had such a knack for it that I could never hope to compete with.

She chose a red dress with long flowy sleeves. it reminded me of things I'd seen cersei wear but I didn't mention that. We both sat with arya in the front. Arya had been long awaiting her first tourney and I could practically feel her butterflies. Lord baelish came and spoke to sansa and Arya asked in a rather loud way why he was called little finger which was met with both the Sept and sansa scolding her while I covered a smile.

Robert began to call out for the joust to begin, adding in something about pissing himself at the end which I found rather amusing but from the look on the rest of the royal families faces they did not. I watched as cersei stood with a sour look on her face and pushed past the hound. When he faced back forward our eyes locked and I quickly turned away in shame.

"Look its starting!" Arya cried, Grabbing the sleeve of my dress and balling it in her hand. Sansa and peytr continued to talk of the Gregor clegane, sandors brother. When he opened his helmet I was shocked by the resemblance of the two. If not for sandors scar they'd look alike.

"My gods, what a large man. Do you think that small boy even has a chance?" I whispered to arya. Her eyes widened with delight as she shook her head.

"I can't see how."

"Well don't smile like a ouf you silly girl. A man might die here today."

"I know im just excited." She excused, putting my arm before facing forward again.

I let out a sigh and nodded while returning my gaze to the two men. People began to cheer as they lined up on opposite ends then raced towards each other with their lances. When the small man was finally knocked from his horse sansa let out a pitched scream which made me cover my ears.

"Gods girl, don't scream in my ear." I cried, rubbing my ear.

When my eyes returned back to the man I saw him choking on his own blood and I quickly rose, hugging both Arya and sansa so they wouldn't see. Sansa grabbed around me, pushing herself into my waist while Arya tried to maneuver her way around. I squeezed them both tight to me until I felt peytr tap my arm.

"They've take him away, its okay now."

Slowly I let go of their heads and sat back down rubbing sansa's back.

Sandor watched as lyanna shielded her sisters from the gargling man. He saw how she shook her head, maybe trying to get rid of the image herself. Quickly he found himself looking away, looking at anything else other then her.

Peytr began to tell sansa about the way sandor got his scar. How Gregor burnt his face over a toy. My eyes widened as I listened not saying a word. I wondered how a man could do that to his own brother but I suppose Gregor wasn't a man. Gregor was the true beast of the two.

"Stop that foolishness lord baelish. You'll scare her."

"My apologies my lady, I ment no offense."

-

My father came and took Aryas spot next to me.

"Where's arya?"

"At her dancing lessons." I smiled, taking his hand in mine.

A boy with a rose and gleaming silver armor rode up to us, handing sansa the rose. I could feel the bile coming up as he winked at her then rode away to his spot next to the mountain and his unruly black horse. They rode to their corners and took their spots. Putting their helmets on and lances at the ready waiting for the command.

"Dont let ser Gregor hurt him. I can't watch." Sansa said, looping her arm into fathers arm and burying her head in his shoulder.

My father tried to comfort her as peytr and another man joked about who would win, betting a hundred gold dragons on the mountain. I looked over at ser loras and his gorgeous white horse. He looked like a fool with his winding helmet though. How could he see anything I wonder.

The trumpets blew and I watched as the riders took off in need of blood shed. Though he was unevenly matched loras knocked the mountain off his black steed, straight into the rails. Peytr joked with the man behind him then leaned in towards sansa.

"Loras knew his horse was in heat, quite nifty isnt?"

"Ser loras would never do that. There's no honor in tricks."

"No honor but quite a bit of gold."

I chuckled as I turned to face the pair.

"Theres no honor and all of kings landing sansa, don't play the fool."

My septa turned and pinched me in the arm giving me a quite a stern look before turning back to the show. The mountain called out for his sword and a squire came running. He cut down his horse and started for ser loras. Sansa's grip on fathers arm tightened as her eyes were glued to the giant man, swipping at the much smaller ser loras.

The hound came barreling down the steps shouting at the mountain until their swords clashed. Both had their teeth bared, until sandor shoved his brothers sword off and they both took steps back. Intense stares shared as they both breathed heavy. Until the mountain charged, raising his sword and slashing at his brother.

I felt my heart beat faster and faster with every metallic clash. Without realizing it, my hand covered my mouth in shock as I stared down at the pair. Roberts loud voice rang through my ears as a jumble of noise as I stared shakily at sandor and the mountain. A sigh left my lips when I saw he was uninjured but my heart would not rest, not even when sandor kneeled and the mountain threw down his sword in a fit of rage and stomped away.

I watched as ser loras thanked sandor and rose his hand in victory. I felt Sansa brush on my side when she stood and applauded but no matter what happened around me my eyes wouldn't leave him. I studied his body, his armor his face. Looking for any blood, a wound, hell even a dent but there was none. He finally shook off ser loras, returning to his spot behind joffery with all eyes on him.