Clothes

Qauren pulled me along behind him as he commanded for 5 of his crew to help carry the new cargo. We walked across a thick, wiggling slab of wood onto the dock.

"Alright, you two go down the dock, get the same foods as always and you 3 go down to the barrel and see if they've got rooms for us." Qauren commanded before walking farther down the crowded streets with me in toe.

"Where are we going?" I asked, star struck by the colorful fish and jewels that merchants shoved towards us.

"I said I'd buy you clothes, didnt I?" He quipped, smirking at me.

After a while of walking we found ourselves inside a burgundy shop with racks of wild clothes and bolts of fabric lining the walls.

"Ah captain who have we here? Finally a wife for a sea dog like you?" A short man with a big pink coat jested, inspecting me carefully.

"Something like that. She needs clothes, johnny." He announced flatly, sitting in a chair near by.

"Ah of course, right here madam." He said pointing to a little circle step as he pulled out a long peice of fabric.

"A nice dress maybe?" He turned towards Qaurren expectantly.

"No, no dress. Trousers and things." He dryly chuckled while inspecting his stubble in the mirror to the side of him.

"Ah, a working woman?" He asked, beginning to measure around my body as him and qauren spoke.

I stood, staring in a trance at myself in a big mirror on the wall across from me. I looked a mess, my skin red and peeling from the sun and my hair a long mess of red and white. The plague of white in my hair had spread much farther then I'd seen it. It now proudly floated down from the top of my head.

"Alright, let's get some fabrics for you two to look at." Johnny announced, disappearing into a back room.

"You look worried."

"I look...different. my hair, it's madded and My skin its-"

"You look like you've been on a ship for 3 weeks. You're skin will heal and as for your hair well I'm not sure about that." He chuckled glancing over at the man who carried 3 large bolts of fabric.

"For the jacket I thought maybe one of these would complement her nicely."

"These wont do, she is going to be on a ship not working the dock. One like mine will do." He mumbled, inspecting his own black and worn jacket.

"Of course. I'll have it ready by tomorrow. Come back then."