Mornings

The sun poked at my face through the curtains, waking me from a deep sleep. When my eyes opened I was greated with the sight of sandors calm body, snoring loudly beside me. His arm draped around me, as it did every night. He liked to insist it just happened but I knew after I fell asleep he would hold me, use me as a stuffed animal to cuddle and bring himself peace.

I let my fingers drag across his face. Tracing the small scars and wrinkles till I got to his burnt skin. He never let me touch him there, never kiss his cheek on that side, he didn't even like me looking at it.

Still, gentler than before I traced where his eyebrow would've been. I let an idle smile pass onto my face as I curled a bit of hair around my finger and admire him for the first time.

"You're a pest lyanna." He groaned, his eyes remaining closed as he reached up and took my hand in his gently.

"You wound me ser, I am your wife, mother of your child. How cruel of you." I said flatly.

His other hand drifted down to my bare belly that now slightly poked out. I looked like I'd eaten a large meal even before even seeing food.

"Remind me, why am I awake at this ungodly hour."

A let a small snicker fall from my lips as his eyes finally opened.

"Because I am a pest, sandor."

He nodded, sighing as he stretched his back and sat up, letting himself lean against the bed frame and stare down at me.

"You're hair looks like a birds nest, lyanna."

I gasped before slapping his leg  and sitting up myself.

"Aye, and you aswell. You look like you've been riding for days." Taking a quick sniff i backed away. "Smell like it to. I'll run you a bath."

Before I could turn my back to him and let my feet fall from the bed he grabbed my arm.

"Not yet." He mumbled, pulling me just a little closer then before.

Silence filled the room only accompanied by our breathing.

"lyanna...do you love me?" he asked, his words a tentative whisper. 

He sat silently just studying my face until I turned away from him in shame and sadness.

"I've grown to find you...you are a wanted presence in my life." i mumbled before getting up to run his bath.