The Library ✅

The hands celebration was quickly approaching as the days ticked away. Arya seemed quite content after I found her sword fighting lessons with a bravosian man. Sansa aswell, chirping away with the ladies in the castle in the gardens. I had met alot of people in the castle but my father forbid me from leaving much to my disdain.

So now I found myself wandering about the castle, It was a daily activity, Something I had to do almost. I wandered about not paying attention until I saw sandor. He was standing sharply outside a room clearly waiting for whoever was inside.

I had unfortunately only seen sandor a few times but never got the chance to speak to him. Anytime he saw me in the hall he would look over my head and walk away.
before we came to the capital he had been atleast indifferent about speaking to me but now it seems he has become repulsed by the idea.

I had decided I'd had enough and began to walk up to him. He stared down at me as I approached

"Why have you been avoiding me?" I said in a sharp tone.

He didn't answer just shifted and looked over me. It was like I was a pest in his eyes, a burden that he would ignore till it went away. I grabbed the rim of his breast plate and roughly pulled down. He caved in with a clink and a groan while shooting a hateful look into my eyes.

"Answer me."

He let out a sigh and gently removed my grip.

"have you ever thought That the world doesn't revolve around you? Not everyone has to do what you say girl."

I was taken back by his gruff tone and hurtful words. I cleared my throat as I felt a heat burn across my face. The door behind him opening broke our stare down. Cersei came through the doorway with a slightly shocked expression.

"Lady lyanna, can I help you?"

"No your grace I was just asking the hound for instructions to the library. I've heard its the best in the 7 kingdoms. Please, excuse me."

I curtsied then turned to walk away when her voice caught me like a fish on a hook.

"He will take you there, maybe you could even teach him some things. The hound needs some help with reading. Only if you wouldn't mind." A creepy smile pressed against her face as she spoke.

I nodded and looked up to the hound who looked displeased by this arrangement. He began to walk away and I followed. After a few minutes of awkward walking I spoke.

"I'm sorry you have to accompany me."

He remained silent and we returned back to the awkward walking, only accompanied by the occasional clink from his armor
Eventually we got to The library and he pushed the door open for me. I began to look through the great book shelves as he followed behind me.

"You may leave if it so pleases you sandor."

"I was commanded to stay."

I paused for a moment then turned to look back at him.

"Can you read?"

He stood silent for a moment trying to figure out what to say.

"I can but not very well, it was never of much importance."

I nodded and grabbed whatever book was infront of me and walked over to him. I held the book out to him and he took it, inspecting the outside.

"Read the name."

"Medicines through the world."

I nodded and guided him to a table. We sat there for a time. He read the book slowly as I corrected his mistakes. Soon the sun began to set, casting colorful lights as it beamed through the stained glass windows and
After a good deal of time he finished.

"Why would cersei make me teach you to read if you knew how to? You've spent atleast a quarter day with me, learning something you already know." I groaned, shaking my head in disbelief.

He looked up at me from across the table and just stared. I sighed at his silence and took the book. I began to walk over to the shelf where I found it as I heard the clinking of his armor while he followed me. I found the gap that was left from when I took the book and slid it back in.

"Maybe She thinks I'm to stupid to know how to read." He offered.

I turned to face him and found him behind me, leaning against the wall. The stained glass windows casted a blue hue around his tall figure as I slowly walked over to him.

"Youre of house clegane. You are a lord, all lords know how to read. She should know that."

He shrugged as he looked down at me. I stood a few feet away in a block of light, cast from the windows. He stared at my deep red hair as the yellow light from the sun brought it alive.

"Why were you avoiding me?" I said softly

It took him a moment to answer as he inspected my hair.

"You lied to me."

"I barely spoke to you, what could I have lied about?" I hissed defensively.

He took a moment before answering, as if he was trying to figure out what to say.

"You know how to fight, I've heard of you. Why they call you the great red wolf."

He took a step closer as spoke, trying to intimidate me.

"I saw you with the bastard, you know how to fight. You know how to use a sword, how to defend yourself. I don't like liars girl."

"I never lied I just never told you. I was trying to befriend you but now I see you have no interest in friends."

He let silence envelope us as we stared at each other. I could feel my stomach do flips as his brown eyes scanned my face. He looked almost hurt by my words but if he was he didn't say it. After a moment, he took a step back, then another and another.

"You're right, I dont want friends so fuck off."

He turned and quickly marched off towards the door leaving me alone with my thoughts and books.